1.    #1  
    Pardon me for thinking outloud, but I had a thought based a bit on the Active Standby screen that some recent Nokia devices have. Basically my idea is that of a keyguard that is also a control panel into other "connected" apps.

If you will, with the 680, when you turn it on, you get the keyguard with the time and the instruction on hitting the center key to dismiss it. My thought is taking that screen, making it slightly larger and adding the current appointment, and icons (from the phone app) for any SMS and email items that have come in. This would stay active for a bit longer (10sec) and be 5ways navigable (no touchscreen ability) so that you can go right to the respective item.

In this way you can really make a quick glance at your Treo and see what is gonig on, but you don't get the battery drain of an active screen that doesn't turn off.

Feel free to take the idea and run with it if you are a developer. I just had the thought while glancing at my Treo here at work.
    MMM | AntoineRJWright.com | BH | Jaiku

Moved on to Symbian, but still will visit from time to time.
    Global Posts
    556 Global Posts
    sounds like TealGlance comes close to what you describe here.
    Regards, RoninKSB
    Global Posts
    257 Global Posts
    Have you looked into KeyguardTime+? It's a free application made for the 650 but it works great on my 700p (it brings up an error message when you first run it but just press proceed and you're good to go!).

It doesn't show Email or SMS but it does do time, sound, appointments, tasks, VoiceMail, bluetooth status, SDCard Status, Battery Life, Signal, etc. Great program! Highly recommend it.
  4.    #4  
    Keyguard time I used on my 650, crashing on my 680 and blocky graphics made it a no-go on my 680. Honestly, if it could be updated to be *simple* and graphically neat, it could work. I had that in mind when I wrote the post, but knownig that it wasn't here, I just wanted to ask.

5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by RoninKSB View Post
    sounds like TealGlance comes close to what you describe here.
    Close, but too much. The idea is to be simple, not take up the entire screen. When you are just glancing, meaning for that quick second that its on, one doesn't need to get a whole list of things to read. Icon notifications for email and SMS, and maybe the bell icon indicating an appotinment is simple and easy to pick up at a glance.

My other issue is of course that the entire keyguard is taken up by a text message to press center to unlock. I'd love for that to be toggled off or at least given the option of seeing that message or the above icon driven items.

Global Posts
    325 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Antoine of MMM View Post
    Keyguard time I used on my 650, crashing on my 680 and blocky graphics made it a no-go on my 680. Honestly, if it could be updated to be *simple* and graphically neat, it could work. I had that in mind when I wrote the post, but knownig that it wasn't here, I just wanted to ask.
    When we install it, we are warned that it is for T600 & 650 only. We are also asked if we want to install it anyway. I haven't. So maybe I should retry.

John