Results 1 to 10 of 10
  1.    #1  
    I have done a "search" on this...but have never found a Treo 680-specific thread dealing with it.

    Does anybody have experience with using the WEP200 bluetooth headset with the Treo 680? How good/bad is it? Is it consistant, comfortable, good/bad call-quality/call-volume, etc?

    Thanks in advance!!
  2. bigfoot's Avatar
    Posts
    11 Posts
    Global Posts
    12 Global Posts
    #2  
    I have one, and it works great. I like it better than my Plantronics 645, and it fits better too.
    I think many of Palm's bluetooth issues have been ironed out. BT was pretty bad on my Treo 650, but the clarity and connection speed is noticeably better on the 680.
    Treo 270>Treo 600>Treo 650>BlackBerry 7105t>BlackBerry 8700g>TREO 680 Graphite... (Treo 680 beats the pants off any BlackBerry)
  3. #3  
    I have one and just like bigfoot said it works pretty good.
  4. #4  
    I have one, and so does my wife. Honestly, it's the only decent one I found that works with the 680, but not my first choice.

    The WEP200 is horrible when used in windy or noisy places (I guess they don't have noice cancellation built in). When walking outside, or driving, people often have difficulty hearing me. The Sony Ericsson ones are great! But doesn't work with the 680 very well.

    The only real operations issue I've had w/ the WEP200 is that occasionally locks up my phone, but I don't know if that's cuz of a software pkg or not.

    Good Luck!
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by proxidicae View Post
    I have one, and so does my wife. Honestly, it's the only decent one I found that works with the 680, but not my first choice.

    The WEP200 is horrible when used in windy or noisy places (I guess they don't have noice cancellation built in). When walking outside, or driving, people often have difficulty hearing me. The Sony Ericsson ones are great! But doesn't work with the 680 very well.

    The only real operations issue I've had w/ the WEP200 is that occasionally locks up my phone, but I don't know if that's cuz of a software pkg or not.

    Good Luck!
    Thanks. I was offered a once-used one at a very low price, but found that it was bought from an eBay seller...and the majority of those on eBay have been found to be knock-offs. But, even if it were real...if there is no noise cancellation to speak of...I'm out anyway.

    I have been looking also at the Jawbone at my local Cingular store. From what I hear, it is amazing.

    Thanks for all the comments.
  6. #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by davistld01 View Post
    I have been looking also at the Jawbone at my local Cingular store. From what I hear, it is amazing.
    I have the Jawbone and it IS amazing IMHO (and the recording clarity of both sides of the telephone conversation I get using CallRec is crystal-clear, even when I'm using the Jawbone, by the way).
  7. #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by ChristieC View Post
    I have the Jawbone and it IS amazing IMHO (and the recording clarity of both sides of the telephone conversation I get using CallRec is crystal-clear, even when I'm using the Jawbone, by the way).
    I just watched the demo, looks amazing. Question is, is there any reason to ever turnoff the noice field?

    It does look kinda big tho.
  8. #8  
    I can't find the jawbone on cingular's site.
  9. #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by proxidicae View Post
    I just watched the demo, looks amazing. Question is, is there any reason to ever turnoff the noice field?

    It does look kinda big tho.
    Quote Originally Posted by proxidicae View Post
    I can't find the jawbone on cingular's site.
    Do you mean turn off the noise reduction? I've never turned it off.

    It is a little big, but it's very lightweight and most of the time I forget I'm wearing it! It stays paired with the 680 amazingly well, too.

    I didn't buy the Jawbone on Cingular's site. I walked into one of the retail stores -- they're all over the place -- and bought it (even though I'm not a Cingular customer).
  10. #10  
    I called the local stores, and they're all out. I was trying to see how much it'd cost. jawbone.com has them for $120, but all out of stock as well.

Posting Permissions