1.    #1  
    The silver color coating on my 5 way has mostly worn off from use and it looks fugly, letting the backlight through. Strangely, the other hard buttons with the same color coating are not worn. Are they made differently? i.e. solid color plastic instead of paint? Anyone else with this issue?
    I replaced mine. The new one is made differently and does not wear like the old one.
    NiceGPSuperior1 is a free GPS program, now with the ability to save your map! Get more info here. It's free! If you like this app and want to encourage development, you can donate from the web page link.

NiceDrudgeReader is a fast, simple reader for The Drudge Report. It is only $0.99, so check it out, too! More info here.

Search for "Nice" in the app catalog to see all my apps.
  3.    #3  
    You replaced the button or you replaced the treo? If treo, was the worn button enough reason for replacement? Was it under warranty or insurance? Thx
    same here. nav paint is worn off. Probably since the nav is higher off of the treo then the other buttons, it kept the others from being scratched (acted as a bumper).

tony, where did you get the replacement keyboard? performancepda?
    Global Posts
    938 Global Posts
    Mine's just started to wear off too. Not sure quite why, but it irritates the heck out of me!
    It's not that I'm so smart, it's just that I stay with problems longer- Albert Einstein.

Palm M505> Palm Tungsten E> Treo 600> Treo 650> Treo 680> Sony Ericsson P1i (running Styletap BETA)> iPhone 3G 16GB

Macbook Pro 2.4GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
    Quote Originally Posted by enynite View Post
    same here. nav paint is worn off. Probably since the nav is higher off of the treo then the other buttons, it kept the others from being scratched (acted as a bumper).

tony, where did you get the replacement keyboard? performancepda?
    Yeah, you can just replace the buttons. Or the keyboard. Or both. They are separate. Anyhow, the new buttons are made better and don't wear like the original ones.
    NiceGPSuperior1 is a free GPS program, now with the ability to save your map! Get more info here. It's free! If you like this app and want to encourage development, you can donate from the web page link.

NiceDrudgeReader is a fast, simple reader for The Drudge Report. It is only $0.99, so check it out, too! More info here.

Search for "Nice" in the app catalog to see all my apps.