1.    #1  
    Can anyone recommend any?I have the Moto HT820s and they kill my ears after about 2 hours. Plus I look like a alien.
    So far my Plantronics 590a headset has been extremely comfortable. Unfortunately you end up looking like an extra from Doctor Who (not sure if that is better than an alien).

The other thing I haven't figured out is how you protect the ear felt if you use them to work out. I don't want to sweat through a $100 headset. That could make them less than comfortable.

Steve
  3.    #3  
    yeah, I use my ht820's to workout. so the plantronics wouldn't work and being a afro american with those things on wouldmake people stare even more.
    Global Posts
    304 Global Posts
    Someone wake me up when the Motorola S9 comes out!
    I use an earbud-type bluetooth thingy. I guess as comfortable as any other earbuds, but without the wire to the device. And you don't look weird on the subway (except for the blinking clip on your shirt. hmm. I turn it around but for now I have a coat I can hide it under)

http://product.ccw.com.cn/products/p...ges/186084.jpg

http://www.itechdynamic.com/en/produ...id=2&pid=02010
    I second the 590A and Im training for a bodybuilding copetition. I workout quite a bit. They are comfortable and very rugged for what they do.

Ive found a couple of tricks tho,

1) make sure you use the case when youre carrying them in your gym bag
    2) when you get home from your workout make sure you zip and fold open the case to let them air out. (I keep the open case on top of my gym bag so I make sure I remember them)
    3) when you charge them keep the case again, open on top of your gym bag, that will remind you to get them off the charger!
    ONE can be spelled as NEO.
    There is no spoon.
    Global Posts
    442 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by calebu2 View Post
    So far my Plantronics 590a headset has been extremely comfortable. Unfortunately you end up looking like an extra from Doctor Who (not sure if that is better than an alien).

The other thing I haven't figured out is how you protect the ear felt if you use them to work out. I don't want to sweat through a $100 headset. That could make them less than comfortable.

Steve
    What, you mean you don't like the huge flashing ring light?

Someone left a comment in my review that he goes jogging at night and thinks that enormous throbbing blue ring makes for a good night safety light.. that never even occured to me when I was writing the review, so you can tell how often I go jogging at night wearing headphones which is.. uhh.. never..

After closely examining my review pair of Pulsar 590a headphones, it's hard to tell if those foam ear pads are "user-replaceable" or not.. I don't want to pick at their edges where they meet the speaker housings to see if they're glued on or just held on with some kind of "tuck it under the edge of the earpiece assembly housing" affair.. so if yours are getting all sweaty from working out while wearing them you might run into a problem if they get damp with sweat, which is salty, and don't dry out properly before you put them away..

By its very nature, that kind of foam cushioning rots away after a number of years all by itself, just from normal environmental exposure, whether they go through sweaty / dry / sweaty cycles or not. But my w.a.g. is that before that happens, the internal battery will have reached the end of its useful life of re-charge cycles anyway.. possibly.. perhaps.. no doubt you've owned some old electronics, transistor radios, cameras, whatever, with battery compartments that had little pieces of similar foam padding glued in and after a bunch of years, that foam just turns to dust..

I don't see Plantronics selling replacement pads on their site anywhere, and I have the sneaking suspicion that the pads are glued onto the housings but I'm not going to be the guinea pig and pick at their edges to see what's holding them on..

Don't know what to tell you about how to protect the pads from sweat-accelerated rot.. maybe you can cobble up some kind of elastic-banded round pad covers that would fit around them, absorb the sweat - covers that you could later remove easily.. and the fabric would have to be not so dense that it would muffle the headphones' sound.. I don't know if anything like that exists but if you know someone who's handy with a sewing machine, s/he could probably whip something up for you.. like maybe small, terry cloth "socks" with an elastic band that you could slip on and off the pads..

Tricky problem.. don't have an easy answer..

Harv
    Do NOT send email to harv at treocentral dot com - it will never reach me.. forwarding from that address to my real address was hijacked in early 2008, and I can't fix it.. send me a private message instead or email me directly at my RR address..
    The Lubix headsets are very small and very comfortable since they will accept the Jabra eargels.
    Quote Originally Posted by hrlaser View Post
    if you know someone who's handy with a sewing machine, s/he could probably whip something up for you.. like maybe small, terry cloth "socks" with an elastic band that you could slip on and off the pads..
    I was just doing my first load of newborn laundry and the little socks would fit quite nicely

I think I found a new supply of bluetooth accessories:
    Amazon.com: 6-Pack-Newborn-Socks-Reusable-Washbag
    Global Posts
    310 Global Posts
    i like my nokia HS-12w for talking, but the sound does sound strange, though maybe thats just bad files or a bad player.
    Global Posts
    734 Global Posts
    I have the itech r 35 dongle which works well with earbuds but suck otherwise - waiting for S9's even though they dont have an extended microphone
    I've seen things you people wouldn't believe...

Roi Batty

palm IIIe(clear plastic)/m130/Tungsten E/Sprint Treo 650/Treo 755p
  12.    #12  
    Hmmm those new s9's look like the way to go.

But, has anyone tried the Moto S805's?
    Quote Originally Posted by calebu2 View Post
    I was just doing my first load of newborn laundry and the little socks would fit quite nicely

I think I found a new supply of bluetooth accessories:
    Amazon.com: 6-Pack-Newborn-Socks-Reusable-Washbag
    Ooooh! Different colors too! LOL...Congratulations on your new baby, you won't miss sleeping that much

What about BlueAnt? I've read favorable reviews on those...
    Global Posts
    776 Global Posts
    My Sony Ericsson HBH-DS970 BT stereo earbuds are not only comfortable but still work with no problem and have been since June of 2006.
    HP Pre 3 16GB AT&T
    HP Touchpad 32GB
    Etymotic has some new ones:

http://www.etymotic.com/ephp/er88.aspx