1.    #1  
    I'm thinking of buying a Treo. I hope someone might help me by giving a bit of detail about the working of the PIM apps on the device. I've checked the user manual, which doesn't help on these questions, and there is nowhere in the UK to actually try out the device.

I am currently a filofax user, and the idea is to replace this. I don't really need all the many other powerful features, so the working of the PIM is critical.

1) Some appointments need more than a name and a time - is there any way to add several words (at least) of text to an appointment as some sort of note or something?

2) In my filofax calendar I note expenses, mileage etc. for later reclaim. Is it possible to retrospectively add this sort of detail to a day?

3) My filofax is where I keep all the my logon id's, passwords, secret words etc for sites and call-centres. I guess these would go in memos, but I don't really understand how you browse memos. Is it that the first line of the memo is effectively a title, which appears in some browseable vertical format so I can scroll down the 60 or more entries to find, say, 'Treocentral forum', then select it to find my id and password? If so, are they alpha sorted?
    Quote Originally Posted by anynick View Post
    I'm thinking of buying a Treo. I hope someone might help me by giving a bit of detail about the working of the PIM apps on the device. I've checked the user manual, which doesn't help on these questions, and there is nowhere in the UK to actually try out the device.

I am currently a filofax user, and the idea is to replace this. I don't really need all the many other powerful features, so the working of the PIM is critical.

1) Some appointments need more than a name and a time - is there any way to add several words (at least) of text to an appointment as some sort of note or something?

2) In my filofax calendar I note expenses, mileage etc. for later reclaim. Is it possible to retrospectively add this sort of detail to a day?

3) My filofax is where I keep all the my logon id's, passwords, secret words etc for sites and call-centres. I guess these would go in memos, but I don't really understand how you browse memos. Is it that the first line of the memo is effectively a title, which appears in some browseable vertical format so I can scroll down the 60 or more entries to find, say, 'Treocentral forum', then select it to find my id and password? If so, are they alpha sorted?
    1-2 there is a note feild you can enter lots of data in.

3- I use a freeware called YAPS there are a few different ones out there.
    PalmIII > PalmIIIx > PalmIIIxe > TRGPro > Handera 330 > Zire71 > Treo600 > Treo650 > Treo680 > Treo750 > Centro > TreoPro > iPhone 32GB 3GS