Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I did a clean install of Vista home premium, and can't get Palm Desktop to install at all. I get started on the setup screens and then it stops, and gives me an error 1431 I think (I'm not in front of the machine now).

Anyone had this and know how to get past it???

THanks,

Chris
    Christo

"it's not the quantity, but the quality"

There are NO Limits
    Global Posts
    788 Global Posts
    perhaps try a fresh install? I had to exit the install at the point where it wants to do the add on stuff.

My Vista update **
    I loadad the Palm desktop on my wifes vista home premium laptop, hot sync via usb works fine although you cannot load new files or use docs to go yet.

I loaded the Palm desktop onto my vista ultimate machine. the usb drivers are not 64bit compatible so I was forced to figure out how to bluetooth hotsync. Now mine is doing everything hers is so far, just no wire.
    M505 -> M515 -> Kyo6035 -> Kyo 7135 -> Treo 600 ->Treo 650 -> Treo 700P -> Treo 700 WX -> Samsung Saga VZW
    If you have a previous restore point (maybe a day or two before you did the installation, you can restore to that point and then try the installation again. You will not loose any data; however, applications installed after the restore point may have to be reinstalled.

Also, I have an Acer laptop and have had no problems with it related to Palm. My problem is that I cannot get my HP printer working....

Ben
    Quote Originally Posted by pump142 View Post
    My Vista update **
    I loadad the Palm desktop on my wifes vista home premium laptop, hot sync via usb works fine although you cannot load new files or use docs to go yet.
    Has anyone gotten anywhere with USB hotsyncing, successfully, to a Vista machine?

Phil
    Global Posts
    788 Global Posts
    my wife syncs with her vista hm premium (32bit) via usb no prob, just cant install new stuff or use docs 2 go.
    My vista ultimate (64bit) wont allow the usb to even be hooked up. I accomplish same results as her via bluetooth though
    M505 -> M515 -> Kyo6035 -> Kyo 7135 -> Treo 600 ->Treo 650 -> Treo 700P -> Treo 700 WX -> Samsung Saga VZW
    Global Posts
    217 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pump142 View Post
    my wife syncs with her vista hm premium (32bit) via usb no prob, just cant install new stuff or use docs 2 go.
    My vista ultimate (64bit) wont allow the usb to even be hooked up. I accomplish same results as her via bluetooth though
    I too have Vista Ultimate (64bit) machine and I tried to install the desktop software from my Treo CD. The install fails at point where USB drivers attempt to install. I gave up and uninstalled the palm software. Now each time I start the machine it attempts to install the USB driver. I am interested how you got the Bluetooth to work.
    Global Posts
    788 Global Posts
    I honestly wish I could tell you. I tried so many things that 1 just worked.. I do remember making a virtual serial port on laptop, checking loca in hotsync setup area and following pairing directions on treo for pairing.

As for Vista 64 bit, its byebye for me as Im send thing this laptop back for a 32bit version. too much software and hardware isnt and wont be supported I find out after the fact. Im not gonna live with that
    Is there any authoritative source on how to make Palm Desktop/hotsynch play nice with Vista? I despair of Palm ever paying any attention to this.

Seems that turning off UAC is the wise course for so many reasons...
    Daddoo
    Palm Pilot 500-->M505-->T2-->E2--->700p
    Don't bother installing Palm Desktop on Vista. You can hotsync, to backup files from the Treo to your PC, but you can't use the Installer, to move files in the opposite direction, nor does Palm Desktop actually open past the splash screen.

It's pretty much a total waste doing it at all.
    Quote Originally Posted by jhoff80 View Post
    Don't bother installing Palm Desktop on Vista. You can hotsync, to backup files from the Treo to your PC, but you can't use the Installer, to move files in the opposite direction, nor does Palm Desktop actually open past the splash screen.

It's pretty much a total waste doing it at all.
    I can't even get Hotsync to work, even after installing the desktop package with admin credentials AND then running hotsync.exe with admin credentials.
    Daddoo
    Palm Pilot 500-->M505-->T2-->E2--->700p
    Quote Originally Posted by Daddoo View Post
    Is there any authoritative source on how to make Palm Desktop/hotsynch play nice with Vista? I despair of Palm ever paying any attention to this.

Seems that turning off UAC is the wise course for so many reasons...

I have tried the administrator trick, installed/uninstalled several times and STILL can't use hotsync with my vista/Treo650. Fortunately I still have the xp machine and installed outlook 2003 on it as well. Now Micro$oft wants me to pay for the extra installtion of Outlook 2003. I wonder how much an "Upgrade" to XP from vista would cost me?
    I installed palm desktop from their website for my 650 and it synced no problems on vista home premium. Brand new machine.
    Wish my BT would work though.
    Also wish I could sync with vista calendar and contacts instead of palm desktop, just to see how it would work but I can't get the sync partnership to work.
    Vista can't see my device, but I can hotsync with desktop no problem....
    Quote Originally Posted by cdpitcock View Post

I have tried the administrator trick, installed/uninstalled several times and STILL can't use hotsync with my vista/Treo650. Fortunately I still have the xp machine and installed outlook 2003 on it as well. Now Micro$oft wants me to pay for the extra installtion of Outlook 2003. I wonder how much an "Upgrade" to XP from vista would cost me?
    You also need to check the "run in xp compatibility mode" in the properties for the installer.
    Mine syncs everything except for the "tasks". Anyone else see this? Is there a reason or something I can change?
    I can not get HOTSYNC to work at all; my laptop say USB Device not recognized.

Any one see this issue?
    Frank
    Global Posts
    788 Global Posts
    on vista ultimate yes. on home premuim, no.
    Palm anything doesnt play nice with a 64bit windows
  17. jgk
    Synchronisation!?! That would be a luxury! I did a clean install onto Home Premium and now can't get Palm Desktop to load - it immediately hits me with an application error!
    I have Palm Desktop and the regular install app. (not quick install) working just fine in Vista Ultimate x64. I wish I could sync via cable though. Doing it with bluetooth is too slow. I think I'm going to have to NLite a copy of XP and have a really small XP installation on another partition of my hard drive just so I can have quick install.
    I can get mine to sync with my Act 2007 database but as for using the HotSync Desktop it crashes everytime I click it. I can sync with the cable or using a bluetooth adapter which I prefer.
    I had no trouble installing Palm Desktop on my Vista Pro machine. Hot sych no problem. But quick install doesn't work for me. I get an error message that quick install has quit working, before it even starts up.
    Anyone make this work yet?
    M100, M515, Tungsten E, Treo 600, Treo 650 unlocked GSM; SW 1.20 ENA; FW 1.71 (T-mobile)
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast