1.    #1  
    I'm looking for a good site for weather in Canada on AvantGo. I currently use the Yahoo channel and set up MyYahoo with canadian cities. however, it only displays in degrees F.

AvantGo doesn't seem to list very many weather channels that show weather in Canada and in Celcius.

Anybody out there have a personally setup channel that might do the job and want to share the URL?

Thanks
    wow, it's been awhile.....things have REALLY changed...why is my Visor Edge still in my hand? Will a Treo fit better?
    Have you tried the Weather Channel? They have an Avantgo channel that allows you to enter a city for your local forcast. A quick check at their web site allowed me to do a couple Canadian cities.
    Sven

If at first you do succeed, try not to look astonished.
    try out the weather channel. They're the best for Minnesota. Yahoo is usually inaccurate.
  4.    #4  
    i just tried the weather channel and it had the weather for Toronto, Canada, however, in degrees F.

I want it to be in celcius. what do all the canadians out there subscribe to inorder to get weather in canada in degrees C?

although, i do like the little pictures of the sun and clouds on the weather channel
    wow, it's been awhile.....things have REALLY changed...why is my Visor Edge still in my hand? Will a Treo fit better?
    Getting it Celsius might be tough... we American's are not only backward but tend to force our backward ways on others. (Did you hear about the court case in Britian, some guy sold bananas in pounds and could get fined over $100,000!) Maybe see if one of the British sites will provide weather for Canada.
    Go here:

http://weather.ec.gc.ca/textmap/index_e.shtml

Once you click through to your region, you have a daily update text page (in C). Make a custom AvantGo Channel.

Hope that works.
    hmmm

can't u just use MemoPad enter your city(ies) of choice and beside that enter 0 C (you'll be very close for most of the year)
    Originally posted by dietrichbohn
    Go here:

http://weather.ec.gc.ca/textmap/index_e.shtml

Once you click through to your region, you have a daily update text page (in C). Make a custom AvantGo Channel.

Hope that works.
    that's exactly what i do. i just point avantgo to

http://weather.ec.gc.ca/forecast/yyz.html

works great.

mc
  9.    #9  
    Thanks mensa and dietrich,

i'll be moving back to Canada in 2 weeks and i'm in the process of setting up my 'informative' avantgo channels....

filmcan is cool!

oh, and a memo pad with 0C would be close...i just wish it would snow more! (thanks for the laugh, confused!)

UPDATE:
    Mensa, is there anyway you can set up that url so that it resizes the content. i don't like the fact that i have to scroll a million miles to the right and half a million down to get tomorrows weather.
  11.    #11  
    here's the interesting thing..i didn't look closely enough, but if you go to your MyYahoo page on your desktop and change the weather to show in degrees C and then sync your avantgo Yahoo channel, the weather shows up in degrees C on your avantgo channel BUT it says 'F' after the temperature (mistake!).

So the Yahoo channel give me what i need, Toronto weather, in Celcius (even though it says 'F') and the ability to see what the weather is like in multiple locations.

I'll give your link a try kepstein. thanks.

UPDATE: AH HA! beautiful! thanks Kepstein, this is it!

Thanks for all the help....i recommend you look at the link Kepstein posted...it even fits perfectly on the visor's screen!
    Weather Underground has always been the best user-defined AvantGo page. I still use it even though I have Yahoo weather because it looks nice in color and has more info.

For those not living in Canada, go to www.wunderground.com and select your city. Click the Print link and use that URL as your AvantGo channel.
    James Hromadka, TreoCentral Editor
    Houston - EST. 1836
    When using Weather Underground, user the printer formatted url for the best display.

Ken
  14.    #14  
    Originally posted by JHromadka
    For those not living in Canada, go to www.wunderground.com and select your city. Click the Print link and use that URL as your AvantGo channel.
    actually it handles canada too. (see above) ...just click on the 'Canada' link on the right side menubar about 3/4 of the way down (or so) and you'll get a map of canada and the ability to select your location.

on a side note, i still think the best website for weather is: www.intellicast.com

a little more up to date and large, looping radar images!
    Well I wasn't clear on the Canada thing. I meant that those who don't live in Canada (thus the link wouldn't be of use) can use my link.
    James Hromadka, TreoCentral Editor
    Houston - EST. 1836
    Originally posted by Hoser_in_USA
    i'll be moving back to Canada in 2 weeks and i'm in the process of setting up my 'informative' avantgo channels....
    Hoser,

Does this mean that you will be changing your nickname?
    Bret Snyder<BR>If you don't know where you're going,<BR>You'll probably end up somewhere else.
  17.    #17  
    actually i've been thinking about that for the last few weeks...i'm not set on a new name though...

'Hoser_Back_Home' is one option.

any suggestions?....i'll start a thread in off topic.
    Originally posted by Hoser_in_USA
    actually i've been thinking about that for the last few weeks...i'm not set on a new name though...

'Hoser_Back_Home' is one option.

any suggestions?....i'll start a thread in off topic.
    Hoser_Back_From_USA
    Hoser<>USA
    Hoser_in_Hogtown
    Hoser_Where_the_Deer_&_the_MapleLaffs_Roam

grab your ankles and prepare to kiss your uhhhh .... nick goodbye

<g,d,&r>