Global Posts
    326 Global Posts
    When I address a text message using the built-in Palm messaging software on my Treo 680, and software thinks it recognizes a phone number from my contacts the messaging software automatically inserts that address in the TO line of my message.

In other words, if I type in 2125551212 and that number is recognized as being in my contacts, it will insert something like this in the TO line of the text message: "John Smith;" When I click on the name in the TO line I can see the details, which is often something like 2125551212@verizon.net.

Then when I go to send the text message I get an error message telling me "The address you entered is invalid..." Palm's messaging software reads whatever I've entered in as a cell phone number for that contact exactly as I entered it in Outlook, even if it's not a properly formatted phone number.

Is there a way to not have the Treo 680's text messaging software look in my contacts and try to be smarter than I am? I would like to just enter in a phone number -- and that's the only address information I want to include in the TO line of my text messages.
    Are they new phone numbers that are not listed in your contacts? I usually just send my text messages from the contacts app since the text program no longer has the "Look up in Contacts" option...
    Global Posts
    326 Global Posts
    When I complete typing in a phone number, if that's recognized by the Palm contacts program, the number gets revised in the format 2125551212@verizon.net, which is how I have the number listed in Outlook under the "Pager" entry. I don't want to have to revise all my Outlook contacts, and I hope that there's a way to tell my Treo 680 to send the text message just to the number I've typed in.