1.    #1  
    Just a heads up. The box my Crimson 680 came in today from Cingular had colored "boxes" on the side listing Arctic, Copper, Graphite & Crimson...with the Crimson one marked on mine. That proves that Cingular will release the other colors soon.
    Old News. That was announced when Palm annouced that the unlocked ones would only be available in graphite.

Can't you get the colored ones from Palm now?
    not anymore. when you check out, you don't get any choices. looking at your shopping cart, only the graphite shows up for the unlocked.
    I'm talking about the Cingular branded ones. Isn't this what this thread is about?
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by IsLNdbOi View Post
    I'm talking about the Cingular branded ones. Isn't this what this thread is about?
    I suppose they chose to release the Crimson 680 as the first color to coincide with the release of the red Blackberry Pearl for promotional reasons...

http://www.treocentral.com/content/Stories/1121-1.htm

...and the other two non-Graphite colors will follow soon.
    I'm able to checkout with a new plan and an arctic or copper Cingular 680 on Palm's site right now.
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by IsLNdbOi View Post
    I'm able to checkout with a new plan and an arctic or copper Cingular 680 on Palm's site right now.
    Cool!! The Arctic is nice. I thought it would be my first choice...if I ever had a choice. But, I have been hugely suprised at how much I like the Crimson when I originally thought it would be way to "bling" for my tastes or business surroundings.

Enjoy your new Treo!!
    Quote Originally Posted by davistld01 View Post
    Cool!! The Arctic is nice. I thought it would be my first choice...if I ever had a choice. But, I have been hugely suprised at how much I like the Crimson when I originally thought it would be way to "bling" for my tastes or business surroundings.

Enjoy your new Treo!!
    It's not new...IsLNdbOi already has an Arctic 680. He was just testing the Palm site to see if they can still be ordered.
  10.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by Christinac130 View Post
    It's not new...IsLNdbOi already has an Arctic 680. He was just testing the Palm site to see if they can still be ordered.
    Oh. My bad. Saw the phone list and just assumed...

Just proved my n00bness.
    Word is Cingular Treo 680 Arctic and Copper are cominin in "Q2 2007."
    Sorry that's the most precise I saw. I take that to mean April, May, or June time frame. So we may see them as early as next month.

I just got the Chrimson for my wife. The reason I didn't get it from Palm.com is that I'd have to pick a new rate plan to get the current customer discount.
    Through Cingular Business Premiere I got it for $150 purhchase price and will be $50 after $100 mail in rebate. That's a hell of a savings for waiting for Cingular to have it.
    She wanted Arctic, but I told her she could have the Chrimson now or wait for the Arctic. She changed her mind. She was concerned about the white 680 getting to "dirty" looking over time anyway.
  12.    #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by taylorh View Post
    She changed her mind. She was concerned about the white 680 getting to "dirty" looking over time anyway.
    Every day I like the Crimson better and better. Actually, my first choice would have been Arctic also...but I too was concerned like your wife about how badly it would show wear and tear vs. other colors.

Went to my local Cingular store last night to get a couple of things done, and my favorite female sales rep and several other young women were "oohing & aahing" over how pretty and sexy the phone was....

...that pretty much sealed the deal for me.

Does it have the Cingular or AT & T Logo on it?
    Word is Cingular Treo 680 Arctic and Copper are cominin in "Q2 2007."
    Sorry that's the most precise I saw. I take that to mean April, May, or June time frame. So we may see them as early as next month.

I just got the Chrimson for my wife. The reason I didn't get it from Palm.com is that I'd have to pick a new rate plan to get the current customer discount.
    Through Cingular Business Premiere I got it for $150 purhchase price and will be $50 after $100 mail in rebate. That's a hell of a savings for waiting for Cingular to have it.
    She wanted Arctic, but I told her she could have the Chrimson now or wait for the Arctic. She changed her mind. She was concerned about the white 680 getting to "dirty" looking over time anyway.
    I've had the Arctic since it came out, and I had the same worries about it looking 'dirty'. I'm very happy with the choice I made, the phone never looks dirty and as a bonus it doesn't show the scratches it got during its first fall

Man, I love this phone!
  15.    #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooterville View Post
    Does it have the Cingular or AT & T Logo on it?
    Cingular "Splatman". It's kinda ugly. I was hoping for the AT&T Blue Globe logo just for asthetic reasons. Oh well...
    Quote Originally Posted by davistld01 View Post
    ... AT&T Blue Globe logo...
    You mean the blue death star The old AT&T logo looked more like the death star than the new one does.
    The death star, kind of fitting.
  17.    #17  
    You mean the blue death star The old AT&T logo looked more like the death star than the new one does.
    The death star, kind of fitting.
    Ummm...OK.

I just think the new AT&T logo is a whole lot cooler than the Cingular one. I'm tired of the "Splat Jack".