Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Okay, I'm not even sure if this is possible from an applications perspective but I would love to see an app that can remove the white border around the Treo's screen. I, for one, would pay for an app like this and I was thinking that many of you would as well. So, let your voices be heard and maybe one of our resident developers will tackle the job.

Who would pay for an app that removes the white border around the Treo screen?
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
  3.    #3  
    Damn you Munk!

I tried it but it wasn't thick enough. I'm thinking epoxy.
    There's already an app out there that does this, but.... why?
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by khaytsus View Post
    There's already an app out there that does this, but.... why?
    Where???
    Quote Originally Posted by Insertion View Post
    You're just bein' funny all over tonight, aren't you?
    Quote Originally Posted by Insertion View Post
    teH Munk

Have you got a heavy duty prc file. The stuff comes off when I lick the screen to clean it. Then I have your prc solution on my tongue.....

Hoovs.....

Yeah I would pay for an app for 320 x 320 screen.

Blackborder doesn't work on 320 x 320 and dmitry at palmpowerups has one that does't work on 320 x 320 either.

Quote Originally Posted by treotraveler View Post
    teH Munk

Have you got a heavy duty prc file. The stuff comes off when I lick the screen to clean it. Then I have your prc solution on my tongue.....

Hoovs.....

Yeah I would pay for an app for 320 x 320 screen.

Blackborder doesn't work on 320 x 320 and dmitry at palmpowerups has one that does't work on 320 x 320 either.

What resolution do you think you're getting? I doubt the white border takes a pixel away.
    Quote Originally Posted by khaytsus View Post
    What resolution do you think you're getting? I doubt the white border takes a pixel away.
    Hey....

It has to do with that tacky white border around the screen. If you use an app that has a dark UI or screens. One example is skinUI.

You have never noticed the white border?

I wondered why my movies didn't look as good on the treo as they did on my friend's Ipod. I realised it was the white border - it really detracts from the experience IMHO.
    HP Pre 3 (UK)
    Even though I'm a big A/V guy, the white border doesn't bother me one bit. Sure, I'd use a free app to remove it, but I wouldn't pay a cent for it.
    Global Posts
    325 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by hoovs View Post
    Okay, I'm not even sure if this is possible from an applications perspective but I would love to see an app that can remove the white border around the Treo's screen. I, for one, would pay for an app like this and I was thinking that many of you would as well. So, let your voices be heard and maybe one of our resident developers will tackle the job.

Who would pay for an app that removes the white border around the Treo screen?
    Which white border? OnTreo 700 only or all Treos?

John
  13.    #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by Brjlk View Post
    Which white border? OnTreo 700 only or all Treos?

John
    I'm using a 700P but I'm pretty sure it's on all of them.
    I'm using a 700P but I'm pretty sure it's on all of them.
    It's on my 650 and 680, but I didn't notice it until you said something...
  15.    #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by Christinac130 View Post
    It's on my 650 and 680, but I didn't notice it until you said something...
    That was my strategy all along. I figured once people realize its there then there will be more demand to get rid of it.
    That was my strategy all along. I figured once people realize its there then there will be more demand to get rid of it.
    Nice...is that the "misery loves company" philosophy?
    I never noticed the white border til I read this post and now its bothering me. damn you O.P! I would buy such a program.
    Quote Originally Posted by Loden View Post
    I never noticed the white border til I read this post and now its bothering me. damn you O.P! I would buy such a program.

Same. . . but now I am back to not noticing it again.
  19.    #19  
    Quote Originally Posted by Perry Holden View Post
    Same. . . but now I am back to not noticing it again.
    Shhh!
    It's never bothered me either, honestly...
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast