Global Posts
    75 Global Posts
    To those who are about to install Office 2007 onto XP - beware, you'll not be able to use Doc-To-Go V8 (or any other version). My hotsync stalled at the 'updating documents' part. After i uninstall docs2go from the pc, the hotsycn went through. So for now, i'm without docs2go on the work PC.....

Dataviz says that only files with the new office 2007 will be problematic. That's not true ! I didn't convert any files and the hotsync got stuck...
    According to Microsoft, anytime you open an old Office document under 2007, it converts it to the 2007-format. So you don't necessarily have to create a 2k7 doc.

Quote Originally Posted by ivhs72 View Post
    According to Microsoft, anytime you open an old Office document under 2007, it converts it to the 2007-format. So you don't necessarily have to create a 2k7 doc.

Automatic removal of backward compatibility.... very microsoftish
    I have Office 2007, and when you open a document in the old file format, it opens it in the "Compatibility Mode", and will not convert it to the newer file format unless you manually tell it to do so.

BTW, Docs to Go v9 works with Office 2007 with no problems.

EDIT: if my post was not clear, v9 works with the old style file format ONLY.
    Last edited by pcstuff; 03/15/2007 at 03:44 PM.
    Office 2007 docs (not those saved under Word 97-2003) won't work in D2G 8 (as comes with the 680 - or its incremental update) as noted above and it is 'known issue'.
    Ditto too for Vista - even under Compatibility Mode for WinXP. In fact, even attempting to open D2G 8.x on my Vista notebook requires I get past an irritating UAC nag screen. Not that you can do much once you get there. By dint of force, I got documents into the Desktop D2G, but a sync causes an 'interrupted sync' as soon as it accesses D2G.

Like I said, a 'known issue' - but like so many mainscale software developers, why are they so far behind the curve when it comes to being compatible with Vista? I mean, after 6 years (and a year of near-Gold release) it can hardly be a surprise? And Palm shouldn't be selling a product with, if not obsolete, at least not timely, software on it's CD.