1.    #1  
    my goodlink server says its pointing to good server with the address xml02.good.com

i can't even ping that server. nor can i ping xml01.good.com

because of that, now my users treo's aren't receiving anything. are those servers down? or is there a break in the network route somewhere?

calling their tech support is of no use. been on hold forever without an option to leave a callback number. frustrating for people who depend on their email on their treo, and frustrating for me trying to explain that its not our exchange thats the problem.
    what does it say on the goodlink portal?

www.good.com/gc ?

I can't ping both xml01 and xml02. I think this is by design. But our Good server is connected to the Good NOC.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by Darthkim View Post
    what does it say on the goodlink portal?

www.good.com/gc ?

I can't ping both xml01 and xml02. I think this is by design. But our Good server is connected to the Good NOC.
    ok i didn't realize that it might be by design that you can't ping it. makes sense.

i went to the goodlink portal. my server name is a green box as status. says connection status is ok.

but when i go to my goodlink server, these are the errors is:

under goodlink servers, i click on server, and properties. on the userlist tab, it says paused = Y and paused reason is exchange network error.

in event viewer, in application log, i get event id 3563, message "pausing user xxxx (MAPI error - can not access the users mailbox due to network error")

i can ping from my goodlink server, to my exchange server, i can get to the drives, everything. but it keeps saying network error. so thats why i thought it was a network error going to the good servers.
  4.    #4  
    ok more info... i tried to do a reprov on the treo... it soft resets itself, then on the setup progress under connect, its stuck. won't proceed. where is it trying to connect to? my server? good server?
    Quote Originally Posted by islandsnow View Post
    ok i didn't realize that it might be by design that you can't ping it. makes sense.

i went to the goodlink portal. my server name is a green box as status. says connection status is ok.

but when i go to my goodlink server, these are the errors is:

under goodlink servers, i click on server, and properties. on the userlist tab, it says paused = Y and paused reason is exchange network error.

in event viewer, in application log, i get event id 3563, message "pausing user xxxx (MAPI error - can not access the users mailbox due to network error")

i can ping from my goodlink server, to my exchange server, i can get to the drives, everything. but it keeps saying network error. so thats why i thought it was a network error going to the good servers.
    The error sounds like there is a connection problem between the GOODLink server and your internal Exchange server.

If you are able to ping the Exchange box from your goodlink server, try restarting the Goodlink service (found under computer management -> services).

If it is still paused, i think the only option left is Goodlink Support.
  6.    #6  
    thanks guys... i actually was able to figure this out. i was testing a failover procedure with our exchange server. so in case our production exchange goes down, it will failover to a secondary exchange server. the way the failover does it is it changes dns entries in the domain to point from one server to the other. after the test, i did a failback.

apparently, goodlink keeps a cache in c:\program files\good technology\goodlink server\cache

i stopped the goodlink server, manually emptied that cache folder, and then restarted the service. that seemed to have cleared things up and server is not in a paused state now.