1.    #1  
    Well I installed the treo fix, and it seemed to be working fine, untill I looked this morning and all of my appointments have been moved up one hour. Bad enough I will grant you, but the best part is that when i go to the details screen the time is right, it is just displaying it at the wrong time in the day mode. Does anyone have a suggestion?
    That could be because the PC you are working on not properly adjusted.

Did you merely change the PC clock? You should install the PC patch also.
  3.    #3  
    I use a Mac, and have installed apples software update for DST. Theoretically then I should be up to date.
    Office also requires a DST update. If you are synchronizing with Outlook, you need to download its update as well.
  5.    #5  
    I tried reinstalling the patch, but no help. From the calender window all my previously scheduled events are set for an hour later than they should be. From the phone window the times are correct, and if I hit details for the event it has the right time as well...
    Quote Originally Posted by Rubingr@cox.net View Post
    I tried reinstalling the patch, but no help. From the calender window all my previously scheduled events are set for an hour later than they should be. From the phone window the times are correct, and if I hit details for the event it has the right time as well...
    Do the times appear correctly on the computer you sync with? Are the bad times associated with just the 3/11-4/1 window or do they continue on through April & May? The fact that there is a difference between the calendar view and the detail view is strange. Just to clarify, on the day view of the calendar, a event might display at 5pm but if you look at the detail it displays as 4pm. Is that correct?
    I have XP service pack 1 on my computer, too many driver conflicts with my machine to consider updating to SP2....Does anyone know where I can find a patch for SP1?
    Global Posts
    907 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by moid View Post
    I have XP service pack 1 on my computer, too many driver conflicts with my machine to consider updating to SP2....Does anyone know where I can find a patch for SP1?
    I doubt that SP1 is even supported anymore, so it's not likely there is a specific SP1 patch.
    So, if I just set the clock ahead one hour on my computer, can I hotsync with no problems?
  10.    #10  
    After playing with it for a while, I figured out that if i remove the timezones of the appointments then it displayes the proper time. So I think it is a glitch somewhere in the timezone program, not the DST fix itself.
    Quote Originally Posted by dwman View Post
    I doubt that SP1 is even supported anymore, so it's not likely there is a specific SP1 patch.
    It's not. Microsoft dropped support for SP1 some time ago.
    Sorry but I have been away for awhile and want to know, whats the reason for the patch?

My Treo 650 updates its own time, always has (i.e. when I travel, DST) so I didnt do the patch just to see what would happen. Sure enough it updated itself, so I'm not to clear on why the update is necessary.

Is the update for people who sync w/outlook?
    What about Datebk6?

Thanks in advance for any info you guys can provide
    Wisdom sheds light on the knowledge you have accumulated

Palm Pre (Sprint)
    Quote Originally Posted by moid View Post
    The patch will work with SP1, it is automatically updated with SP2. I have installed it on several PC's still with SP1. Pre-service pack it will not load.
    PalmIII > PalmIIIx > PalmIIIxe > TRGPro > Handera 330 > Zire71 > Treo600 > Treo650 > Treo680 > Treo750 > Centro > TreoPro > iPhone 32GB 3GS

Quote Originally Posted by Franko515 View Post
    Sorry but I have been away for awhile and want to know, whats the reason for the patch?

My Treo 650 updates its own time, always has (i.e. when I travel, DST) so I didnt do the patch just to see what would happen. Sure enough it updated itself, so I'm not to clear on why the update is necessary.

Is the update for people who sync w/outlook?
    What about Datebk6?

Thanks in advance for any info you guys can provide

The DST patch was put out because the DST rules/dates changed this year. Don't know why the patch is necessary, but if Palm says it is, it must be.
    Quote Originally Posted by jamesgangut View Post
    The patch will work with SP1, it is automatically updated with SP2. I have installed it on several PC's still with SP1. Pre-service pack it will not load.
    Yes, but the Outlook patch only works on SP2 systems.
    Palm III > Palm V > Palm Vx > (Sprint) Kyo 6035 > Handspring Treo 300
    > Handspring Treo 600 Oct.'03 > Palm Treo 700P May'06 > Treo 755P Aug.'07 > Pre(-) June'09 + TouchPad July'11 LONG LIVE webOS!!!
    So, if I don't sync with outlook or office with my calender, I don't need the patch on my computer??
    Is there any way to uninstall this patch? I have a feeling it is the cause of a lot of recent problems on my phone.
    I've heard that polar bear steaks are tough, but maybe if you marinated them in beer they'd turn out all right.