1.    #1  
    I recently purchased my shiny TREO700p and a Motorola H700 Bluetooth Handsfree Headset, and after wrestling with both for a bit I came to realize that I can't start a phone call using voice commands and the headset only. Is there a way to make a phone call without having to actually dial anything on the phone itself?. Sprint Voice Command (or whatever it is called) forces you to actually dial * before you can issue voice commands and the headset apparently can't be programmed to dial a call to * so commands can be issued, the software route also seems to hit a wall, at least with palm suggested "Voice Dial" which requires the application to be launched before you can "speak to your phone" and by the way it does not uses the headset when working.
    HELP!!
    Only the 750 can do this in the treo line
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

"95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
    I don't think anyone has solved this inability on the current Palm bluetooth implementation on the 700P . . . . . .

I use VoiceDial -- I start it with the side button -- speak to it, then the call comes thru to the headset. . . .sort of a one button push hands free situtation. . . . .

Cheers, Perry.
    Global Posts
    844 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Perry Holden View Post
    I don't think anyone has solved this inability on the current Palm bluetooth implementation on the 700P . . . . . .

I use VoiceDial -- I start it with the side button -- speak to it, then the call comes thru to the headset. . . .sort of a one button push hands free situtation. . . . .

Cheers, Perry.
    Greetings Perry. Where would one go if one would wish to pick-up VoiceDial for their Treo??
    The test version is on the Treo 650, 680 and 700P's install disks. If not, it is a download available on the Palm web site under your device.

14 Day free full trial, $19.95 for the full version. (I think after the 14 day trial -- only speaking numerical digits portion works -- full version allows you to say "Call, gtwo, Mobile" and it finds the number in your contact list. . . .)

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...ighlight=voice
    Last edited by gtwo; 03/13/2007 at 01:35 PM.
  6.    #6  
    Hey Thank you all out there, great!!! I didn't know that the side button activated voice calling, I tried it a couple of times and despite of having to "wake" the phone so it unlocks the side button it does the trick, one quick question, does the accuracy of voice calling improves from the trial version to the full registered version?.

PD: Thank you!!!
    The software is not "trainable" but is very good at decoding what you have said -- my success rate has grown with use -- as I have been trained to speak a little more slowly and distinctly. Background noise during your verbal requests can cause some confusion for the software, as well. However -- the first choice offered is usually the correct one for me -- and I only get multiple alternatives listed when I request a last name that is listed several times in my contact data base.
    Global Posts
    5 Global Posts
    ok you want to just push the button on your bluetooth and have voice command work right ,,,well i just activated VC last night and got to playing around with it and ,,well if your BT ,,and phone have a redial option,,mine is a 2 tap on the BT i have the plantronics 665 and i just push the BT 2 times fast and it redials the last number,,now to the phone the LAST NUMBER was the voice comand,,the number the voice comand dials IS NOT THE LAST number,,so its always going to dial the VC # unless you actually dial a different # from the phone,,some BT's are set up for one long press@ 2-3 seconds,,others are just one tap of the talk button on the BT,,try it out works awsome and every time,,no fumbling with the phone at all,,,hope this helps
  9.    #9  
    What you say is that before I enter my car (which is where I really need the voice dial command) I should preemptively dial voice command and hang up, so the last number in the pipe is the voice command, that way the redial will always hit that number. It actually sound like a good idea, it just requires a bit of discipline. Having to dial any number that is not in your address book can kill this method unless one remembers to "preemptively" make the call to the voice command line. I have to try it. Thank you very much...