Page 1 of 11 123456 ... LastLast
  1.    #1  
    what do you all think of it compared to Verichat
    Fred
    Cingular 680
    I'll try it. I like Mundu except for the disconnects and the notifications I don't always get. I hope that is fixed. Off to try it now. Will let y'all know.
    ~Jessi~

Handspring Visor > Handspring Visor Edge - Silver > Handspring Treo 90 > Palm Tungsten T3 > Palm Treo 680 - Arctic
    I have V3, so I'll do a trial of V4.
    I'll try it too.
    Global Posts
    64 Global Posts
    Mundu's website is still listing V3?
    Quote Originally Posted by dlbernau View Post
    Mundu's website is still listing V3?
    https://messenger.mundu.com/
    Man, none of my friends are online. If any of you want to send me and IM, it's cool. I really want to see if background works now.
    ~Jessi~

Handspring Visor > Handspring Visor Edge - Silver > Handspring Treo 90 > Palm Tungsten T3 > Palm Treo 680 - Arctic
    This one looks VERY promising people. Looks like the verichat repacement we''ve been waiting for. I can't seem to figure out how to assign a sound of my choice to the incoming alerts like I can with Verichat. Other than that...sending files, conferencing, slick colorful screen...Looks good.
    I agree, this looks great.
    arghhhh...just had my first phantom reset on the phone about 15 minutes after installing Mundu! Believe it or not...my 700P rarely resets!!
    I've been using it in background mode for about 15 minutes and it's working! I've got it setup for Google Talk and MSN. I'm getting alerts and popups in background mode and my responses are reaching their destination instantly. The alert sound is a bit annoying, but I'm just happy it's alerting at all...

It would be nice to be able to end the IM app search...FINALLY!
    Yay! I'm totally buying it! Woot!
    ~Jessi~

I'm going to buy it too . Even if it has bugs, $11.00 for a one time fee isn't bad if they keep working on it...

Jesse...did you get to test out background mode on your 680? It's been fine on mine.
    I get audible alerts but no pop ups on my 680 when I put it in the background and then lock the screen and keyboard. Does anyone else get both popups and audible alerts?
    anyone tried using this on sprint? will most calls come thru as they would with verichat?? does this use test messages or a date connection?
    I just wish Mundu would allow multiple accounts for a single provider.

i.e. if you have multiple aol IDs.

That's the single reason I switched from Mundu to Causerie.

Cheers,
    ChickenHawk
    Treo 755p / Sprint
    Why can't the Mundu people figure out that taking 50% of the screen space for GUI is stupid?

That top bar that just has "Mundu" on it is COMPLETELY wasted.. The tabs are okay but sort of silly (rather the Verichat method of popping up a list to change), and the graphics at the bottom are semi-standard but would be nice to minimize them.

Is it really as bad as the PDF shows? I might try it out today but not sure I have the time/patience to mess with it right now.
    Okay, why not, I'm trying it.. Anyone else getting weird phantom messages? I've had two contacts I haven't talked to in months send me blank messages. I'm doubting they are sending them.

The interface is godawful slow.. Everything repaints one at a time. And they need to add "pounce" so you know when *specific* people come online.

Can anyone figure out how to bring up a context menu? Look at page 49 in the manual, it shows a context menu but I can't get it to come up. When you add a contact you can pick its group, I'm hoping you can move contacts around in groups (like the popup shows). I have two contacts in a group that they weren't in Verichat, which is odd.. Like to move them where they belong but can't figure out how.
    Last edited by khaytsus; 03/13/2007 at 01:35 PM.
    Palmgear and palminfocenter have already stopped selling mundu V3.
    Quote Originally Posted by khaytsus View Post
    Can anyone figure out how to bring up a context menu?
    Click and hold with the stylus. No way to access it from the 5way that I know of.
Page 1 of 11 123456 ... LastLast