Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 LastLast
    Is there anyway to TIMESTAMP your messages?
    Nope. They definately need to add this.
    I third that motion.
    ~Jessi~

Handspring Visor > Handspring Visor Edge - Silver > Handspring Treo 90 > Palm Tungsten T3 > Palm Treo 680 - Arctic
    Ditto...
    Quote Originally Posted by khaytsus View Post
    All that was set..
    In that case, we're on the same page. The "Auto login after disconnect" setting doesn't work for us. Who's your carrier? Cingular? We're on T-Mobile (tmobileweb).

Anyone out there on GPRS who doesn't have problems with (1) frequent disconnects, and (2) failure to autologin after disconnect?
    Quote Originally Posted by jessi_9783 View Post
    I've had very few disconnects and when I do Mundu tells me it has. I click "Go To" and I'm logged in.
    Same here. I get the same alerts upon disconnect. And clicking "Go To" initiates a login. It may be that the only difference between our experiences is that you get few disconnects, whereas some of us get lots.

But if "Auto login after disconnect" is selected, shouldn't that happen on its own without requiring you to pull the Treo out of your pocket and click a button to reconnect? Isn't that what "auto" means?

Do you have "Auto login after disconnected" checked? (See my post above if you can't find it). I'd be interested in knowing if it works for anyone.
    Last edited by jfinlayson; 03/22/2007 at 02:47 PM. Reason: Added link to prior post.
    Quote Originally Posted by LessPaul58 View Post
    Retries: Perhaps not on your Treo. On my 650 it reconnects bot ICQ and Yahoo. I know this as I left my Treo on, connected to both services on my desktop, and Mundo logged back in to both. (kicking me offline on the PC) Checking the treo found both sevices up and running along. I have not verified this with the other IM services. (AIM, MSN, GChat, Jabber)
    Hmm. Could this be service-specific? There have been several reports here of frequent disconnects. Not everyone mentions which IM service they are using. Of those that do, I see AIM, GTalk, and Jabber. Not ICQ, Yahoo or MSN.

Question for Mundu users experiencing these frequent disconnects:

Which IM services are disconnecting frequently?
    Quote Originally Posted by theMUHMEshow View Post
    I keep getting knocked off? Not sure why...anyone else having problems with this? I used to use Toccer and it would never knock me off...this has knocked me off 4 times in the last 20 minutes.
    Yes. Same here. Mundu disconnects from AIM, Jabber, and GTalk frequently like that. My other IM clients, Toccer and Chatopus, stay connected to all of those IM services (or quietly reconnect without my knowing it if/when they disconnect).

Similar comments from robbalaz, matthew23, and now theMUHMEshow.

UDPATE: Christinac130 reports frequent MSN drops, but Gtalk sticks. sharpja reports Gtalk drops.
    Last edited by jfinlayson; 03/23/2007 at 04:42 PM. Reason: Added two more cases.
    AIM, Yahoo and Jabber are working great for me. No disconnect problems here.

VZW 700p
    Quote Originally Posted by peterlemonjello View Post
    AIM, Yahoo and Jabber are working great for me. No disconnect problems here.

VZW 700p
    So much for that theory. Perhaps the data service provider or Treo version are contributing factors.

You're 700P on VZW (EVDO).

robbalazs and I are Treo 650 on T-Mobile (EDGE). Drops AIM, Gtalk, and Jabber. MSN stays connected.
    Matthew23 is 650 on Sprint (EVDO). Drops GTalk.
    theMUHMEshow is 700p on Sprint (EVDO). Drops AIM.

UPDATE:
    Christinac130 is 650/680 on Cingular (EDGE). Drops MSN, Gtalk stays connected.
    sharpja is 650 on Cingular (EDGE). Drops Gtalk.

I don't see much of a pattern, here. No one has reported ICQ and Yahoo drops, yet, but the others look random.
    Last edited by jfinlayson; 03/23/2007 at 05:31 PM. Reason: Added two more cases.
    I stay connected to MSN pretty well, AOL drops very frequently.
    Quote Originally Posted by robbalazs View Post
    I stay connected to MSN pretty well, AOL drops very frequently.
    I stay connected on GTalk, but get dropped from MSN frequently...
    Global Posts
    39 Global Posts
    I was dropping GTalk frequently.

I also had a multiple resets when using Mundu, so I removed it from my Treo.
    Quote Originally Posted by jfinlayson View Post
    Same here. I get the same alerts upon disconnect. And clicking "Go To" initiates a login. It may be that the only difference between our experiences is that you get few disconnects, whereas some of us get lots.

But if "Auto login after disconnect" is selected, shouldn't that happen on its own without requiring you to pull the Treo out of your pocket and click a button to reconnect? Isn't that what "auto" means?

Do you have "Auto login after disconnected" checked? (See my post above if you can't find it). I'd be interested in knowing if it works for anyone.
    I guess I wasn't specific enough. When I press "Go To" I am logged in. It doesn't say "Connecting..." after I press "Go To." To me, that says it has reconnected automatically. I just press "Go To" because I'm paranoid. The next time it tells me it has disconnected I'll press "Continue" and see what happens. Oh I forgot to say that I use Mundu with Yahoo! and "Auto login when disconnected" is checked.
    Last edited by jessi_9783; 03/22/2007 at 03:55 PM. Reason: Forgot to say which service I use.
    ~Jessi~

Handspring Visor > Handspring Visor Edge - Silver > Handspring Treo 90 > Palm Tungsten T3 > Palm Treo 680 - Arctic
    Quote Originally Posted by jfinlayson View Post
    In that case, we're on the same page. The "Auto login after disconnect" setting doesn't work for us. Who's your carrier? Cingular? We're on T-Mobile (tmobileweb).

Anyone out there on GPRS who doesn't have problems with (1) frequent disconnects, and (2) failure to autologin after disconnect?
    Cingular.. Verchat rarely reconnects randomly. And it does reconnect, something Mundu can't seem to do.
    Done with this. Removed from Treo. Was rock solid before install. Reboots occasionally, won't stay connected to msn, etc. Wish I could still use Verichat.
    My Verichat is still working.. Who knows when the servers will disapear, but until then I'll be sticking with it.

IM isn't super important to me, so if I'm out of it a few days it won't be a big deal.
    Hey Guys...

Mundu IM is working great....I was worried a little bit when they mentioned that the company is based from Mumbai, India. ( because I have a hard time communicating with the customer service after I bought my DELL laptop)...:-)

But, its working great...It works in the background too so I am always online even when I am @ work....

thanx to everyone who suggested this...God bless!
    Quote Originally Posted by theMUHMEshow View Post
    Is there anyway to TIMESTAMP your messages?
    I couldn't find any. So I emailed them about it the day I installed the program. I love the timestamps in Toccer and I always have timestamps turned on when I use real AIM on my computer. I can not live without timestamps, since I often miss IMs and then when I finally see that I have new messages, I want to know when they were sent. As such, I am now back to using Toccer.
    I really like the way mundu looks...I doubt I will go back to using Toccer. However, I like how I can have my own sounds for alerts on Toccer and I like the timestamps...Toccer just looks so god awful...

*UPDATE*
    I am no longer having any issues dropping AIM...but Gtalk is TERRIBLE! I cannot stay connected for more than 10-15 minutes.
Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 LastLast