Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 234567891011 LastLast
    Ok,

After using Mundu 4 for a while I'm encountering a new problem. For some reason I sporadically loose the sound on my alerts. I'll still get the vibration or the popup but no sound. Everything was working fine and this just started yesterday. Anyone run into this? My build is 10511
    Quote Originally Posted by treoneo View Post
    I am talking about the chat window. the chat window in verichat doesn't waste space. mundu has two bars at top & verichat has one (in chat window). I seriously donlt understand who designs these things. so obvious to me!
    That space also will tell you when the other person is typing, at least it does if you're using Yahoo! Messenger.
    ~Jessi~

Handspring Visor > Handspring Visor Edge - Silver > Handspring Treo 90 > Palm Tungsten T3 > Palm Treo 680 - Arctic
    kewl, didn't know that!
    This sucks that there isnt a way to set your own personal alerts!
  5.    #125  
    Quote Originally Posted by theMUHMEshow View Post
    This sucks that there isnt a way to set your own personal alerts!
    I am sure if we all alert Mundu of our requests, they will implement them soon. Contact them at feedback@mundu.com
    Fred
    Cingular 680
  6.    #126  
    Quote Originally Posted by khaytsus View Post
    I have the 680, and it stays online because Chatter is always online. But Mundu itself doesn't stay connected to my services if it gets disconnected. Long phone call, GPRS drops out, whatever.. It doesn't reconnect.

And the schedule doesn't work, as people have noted.
    so your saying if I set Chatter to "online" and have it set to be online from say 9 am - 6pm, then mundu would follow suit and connect itself along with Chatter during those times?

Right now I have chatter offline for battery reasons

Thanks!
    Fred
    Cingular 680
    Quote Originally Posted by fkjr2 View Post
    I am sure if we all alert Mundu of our requests, they will implement them soon. Contact them at feedback@mundu.com
    Done.|

lol...thanks brotha.
    I keep getting knocked off? Not sure why...anyone else having problems with this? I used to use Toccer and it would never knock me off...this has knocked me off 4 times in the last 20 minutes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Christinac130 View Post
    Maybe he was one of the lucky ones that were at 3%/hr and jumped to 7%...that would be about the same as your 5%/hr to 10.5%, right?
    Sounds about right.
    so your saying if I set Chatter to "online" and have it set to be online from say 9 am - 6pm, then mundu would follow suit and connect itself along with Chatter during those times?

Right now I have chatter offline for battery reasons

Thanks!
    NO Mundu doesn't ever reconnect on its own. Not that I have seen, anyway.
    BTW, Mundu 3 had about 15 bugs I reported within an hour of use, 4 of them crashes. They said "Thanks". A month later an update came out, guess how many of those bugs were fixed? Hint: It's a very round number.
  12.    #132  
    BTW, Mundu 3 had about 15 bugs I reported within an hour of use, 4 of them crashes. They said "Thanks". A month later an update came out, guess how many of those bugs were fixed? Hint: It's a very round number.
    ahh s**t really? Damn
    Fred
    Cingular 680
    For all of those users looking for an SMS option (I was one of them):

AIM and MSN can be set up to forward messages to your phone via SMS. I tested the proceudre for both services and can confirm that it does work. I use those two services almost exclusively, so I think between IM Forwarding and Mundu, I've found my VC replacement.
    A new Avatar to commemorate Silly Season.
  14.    #134  
    Quote Originally Posted by skfny View Post
    For all of those users looking for an SMS option (I was one of them):

AIM and MSN can be set up to forward messages to your phone via SMS. I tested the proceudre for both services and can confirm that it does work. I use those two services almost exclusively, so I think between IM Forwarding and Mundu, I've found my VC replacement.
    can you enlighten us ? How do you set it up?
    Fred
    Cingular 680
    Quote Originally Posted by skfny View Post
    For all of those users looking for an SMS option (I was one of them)

Can you tell me how that's done? I have my phone set up in MSN so when I am logged off MSN my icon in my friend's list is a little phone. Is that what you are talking about?

If so, I never really thought of it the way you described, but yeah, you can be reached through Mundu via SMS... you just have to set it up "server side" so to speak rather than in Mundu...
    Quote Originally Posted by headgamer View Post
    Can you tell me how that's done? I have my phone set up in MSN so when I am logged off MSN my icon in my friend's list is a little phone. Is that what you are talking about?

If so, I never really thought of it the way you described, but yeah, you can be reached through Mundu via SMS... you just have to set it up "server side" so to speak rather than in Mundu...
    Yes, that's what I had in mind. You can set up MSN thru the messenger on a PC. Go to the "Options" item under "Tools". You can also set up AIM through the web-based AIM express at aim.com (and probably through the messenger itself. I'm looking for a way to set up Yahoo, but I haven't found anything yet.
    A new Avatar to commemorate Silly Season.
    One more annoyance.. Make sure background mode is working, etc.. Then manually disconnect GPRS. Chatter reconnects, but Mundu doesn't seem to. I let it sit for about a minute then re-launched Mundu and it started connecting to services. It should do it in the background immediately!
    There is an "Auto Login when disconnected" setting in the Login tab of the Preference page (/Options-Preferences). It isn't obvious, because you have to scroll down to see it. That appears to be a global setting.

There is similar setting on the Login Details page for each service. It's even harder to find:

/Contact-Login to other IMs
    Click on the name of the service (unintuitive!)

On that page is a setting called "Automatically Connect".

I'm not sure, but I think the latter setting is what makes the connection happen when you launch Mundu. That seems to work.

But the former (global) setting doesn't seem to work at all for me. I'd be interested in knowing whether you that setting works for you.

The combination of this bug with the Mundu's tendency to disconnect frequently makes this version useless to me.

I logged a support request for this issue, but haven't heard back, yet. Not surprising, since it's a new, major release. I'm sure they're swamped.

John
    Quote Originally Posted by jessi_9783 View Post
    I'll try it. I like Mundu except for the disconnects and the notifications I don't always get. I hope that is fixed. Off to try it now. Will let y'all know.
    Lots of disconnects here, too. It isn't a problem with the GPRS connection. I have two other IM apps installed (Chatopus and Toccer), and neither of them has this problem.
    Quote Originally Posted by jfinlayson View Post
    There is an "Auto Login when disconnected" setting in the Login tab of the Preference page (/Options-Preferences). It isn't obvious, because you have to scroll down to see it. That appears to be a global setting.

There is similar setting on the Login Details page for each service. It's even harder to find:

/Contact-Login to other IMs
    Click on the name of the service (unintuitive!)

On that page is a setting called "Automatically Connect".

I'm not sure, but I think the latter setting is what makes the connection happen when you launch Mundu. That seems to work.
    All that was set..
    Quote Originally Posted by jfinlayson View Post
    Lots of disconnects here, too. It isn't a problem with the GPRS connection. I have two other IM apps installed (Chatopus and Toccer), and neither of them has this problem.
    I've had very few disconnects and when I do Mundu tells me it has. I click "Go To" and I'm logged in.
    ~Jessi~

Handspring Visor > Handspring Visor Edge - Silver > Handspring Treo 90 > Palm Tungsten T3 > Palm Treo 680 - Arctic
Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 234567891011 LastLast