Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast
    I have mundu4 on a Treo 650 with Sprint. Mundu makes a data connection every 45 seconds and the connection lasts about 15 seconds. So if you are on Sprint and using Mundu, there is a 25% that an incoming call will go right to voicemail. Also, it is using about 6% of my battery per hour.

The notification options are weak as well. No LED alert. No nagging alert. It would be nice if the alerts worked with Butler, but they don't. This should be an easy update to the Mundu programmers.

On the positive side, Mundu has stayed connected to MSN and AOL in background mode.

Jeff
  2.    #102  
    thats the problem with me......services do NOT stay connected even during set schedule on my 680
    Fred
    Cingular 680
    A careful read of the Mundu instruction manual reveals that the keep connected and scheduled connection features pertian only to connecting to the IM service(s). Mundu does _not_ initiate a connection to the web. So if your radio/wifi/bluetooth web connection is not active, Mundu will not connect.
    well that should be spelled out a little clearer!
    I am _guessing_ Mundu did this intentionally to avoid customers inadvertently setting either feature on and ending up with astonomical data charges from their carrier. (and then of course blaming Mundu) Again, just a guess.
    Quote Originally Posted by LessPaul58 View Post
    A careful read of the Mundu instruction manual reveals that the keep connected and scheduled connection features pertian only to connecting to the IM service(s). Mundu does _not_ initiate a connection to the web. So if your radio/wifi/bluetooth web connection is not active, Mundu will not connect.
    Mundu doesn't retry period.. My connection is always active, Chatter is online all the time.
    Retries: Perhaps not on your Treo. On my 650 it reconnects bot ICQ and Yahoo. I know this as I left my Treo on, connected to both services on my desktop, and Mundo logged back in to both. (kicking me offline on the PC) Checking the treo found both sevices up and running along. I have not verified this with the other IM services. (AIM, MSN, GChat, Jabber)
    I took a quick plunge after seeing the interface. Pretty nice. I do hate the battery drain however. An hour in to running it without even chatting brought my battery down 7%. yikes! I guess I cant really complain with the $11 pricing. Good thing i have a spare battery in the charger, a car charger, a sync and charge at home and work.
    Have you guys contact Mundu? That is the only way to make them fix the issues. This is what I got from them:

Hi,

We thank you for your valuable feedback. It has been forwarded to the concerned department for consideration.

However, please note that there is a provision in the chat window to hide the bottom toolbar and get more space. Please use Application Menu -> Options -> Hide Toolbar. Important features like File Transfer, Conference can be handled through the menu options while chatting.

Thanks & Regards,
    mundu IM Team.
    http://messenger.mundu.com
    Quote Originally Posted by aznmode View Post
    I took a quick plunge after seeing the interface. Pretty nice. I do hate the battery drain however. An hour in to running it without even chatting brought my battery down 7%. yikes! I guess I cant really complain with the $11 pricing. Good thing i have a spare battery in the charger, a car charger, a sync and charge at home and work.
    Um, you're saying your battery went from 100% to 7% in an hour?

I doubt that, but anyway, if it was anything CLOSE to that bad I wouldn't keep it on my Treo for more than 2 hours. I tried it for two days, after finding it offline EVERY TIME I LOOKED I said to heck with it, my Verichat is still working. When Verichat dies, I'll have to look around.
    Quote Originally Posted by khaytsus View Post
    Um, you're saying your battery went from 100% to 7% in an hour?

I doubt that, but anyway, if it was anything CLOSE to that bad I wouldn't keep it on my Treo for more than 2 hours. I tried it for two days, after finding it offline EVERY TIME I LOOKED I said to heck with it, my Verichat is still working. When Verichat dies, I'll have to look around.
    I think aznmode meant the battery dropped 7%, not to 7% in an hour...
  12.    #112  
    Mundu doesn't retry period.. My connection is always active, Chatter is online all the time.
    what device do you have

My 680 doesn't stay connected - I have to manually go into Mundu for connection of all services. It then stays connected until I log out.

I thought that this process should be automated thru the set schedule feature (which I have done) but that doesnt work either

Real bummer.....cuz I like Mundu
    Fred
    Cingular 680
    what about all that space up top that "mundu im" takes up? that is a waste of space.
    I guess the staying alive doesn't bother me much. I actually don't WANT it to keep the connection alive. If I am gonna use it I will log on. If I am in a conversation with someone and the treo shuts down before the conversation is finished, then MSN will default to my phone number and send any replies from them as a text message. Shut my phone back on and log back in.

And if you think of it, Verichat is listed at the top of the screen as well. There is little screen space available in VC as well for chat. I think people forget those kinds of things at times since VC is always thought of so fondly...LOL
    Quote Originally Posted by fkjr2 View Post
    what device do you have

My 680 doesn't stay connected - I have to manually go into Mundu for connection of all services. It then stays connected until I log out.

I thought that this process should be automated thru the set schedule feature (which I have done) but that doesnt work either

Real bummer.....cuz I like Mundu
    I have the 680, and it stays online because Chatter is always online. But Mundu itself doesn't stay connected to my services if it gets disconnected. Long phone call, GPRS drops out, whatever.. It doesn't reconnect.

And the schedule doesn't work, as people have noted.
    Quote Originally Posted by Christinac130 View Post
    I think aznmode meant the battery dropped 7%, not to 7% in an hour...
    correctomundu!
    I am talking about the chat window. the chat window in verichat doesn't waste space. mundu has two bars at top & verichat has one (in chat window). I seriously donlt understand who designs these things. so obvious to me!
    Quote Originally Posted by aznmode View Post
    correctomundu!
    Ahem.. I posted this a week ago.

Yes, all of them do. Of course, it's keeping the Treo busy.

But good lord, it's at least 2x the rate that it was with the exact same setup as Verichat.

Normally I see around 5%/hr with Chatter and Verichat online, I'm seeing 9% with Chatter and Mundu. At this rate, my phone is dead at 7pm tonight. And last night I'm sure it was even worse. I charged at my desk until 1:30, the phone shut itself off around 11. So that's around 10.5%/hr.
    Ahem.. I posted this a week ago.
    Maybe he was one of the lucky ones that were at 3%/hr and jumped to 7%...that would be about the same as your 5%/hr to 10.5%, right?
    Quote Originally Posted by treoneo View Post
    I am talking about the chat window. the chat window in verichat doesn't waste space. mundu has two bars at top & verichat has one (in chat window). I seriously donlt understand who designs these things. so obvious to me!
    FYI,

The blue space to the right of munduIM space is used to notify you when you have an email. There's gotta be a better way of utilizing that screen real estate.