Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast
    are there any other programs that use SMS anymore for chat (like Verichat)? I used to use Verichat but I think my 1 long subsription ended and no I understand you can't renew.
    I think IM+ does
    Quote Originally Posted by treoneo View Post
    there's no way this is a good app! it is commons sense to have it connected via sms as treos are known for having horrible battery life. my batter is draining very quickly. eediots!
    Speak for yourself. I don't want SMS. First, VZW SMS packages are outrageous. Second, typical SMS apps require an intermediary server to manage sending SMS messages for IM'ing. This means monthly subscription fees for the IM apps. I've used Toccer, Chatopus and now Mundu and I don't have battery problems since I have a Seidio 3200mah battery
    Global Posts
    64 Global Posts
    IM+ does but I would like to be wrong. Use sms that is.

Causerie does use sms, but it is horribly unreliable-nothing like Verichat(r.i.p.)
    Global Posts
    277 Global Posts
    for those not getting pop-ups, just to be sure:
    you have:

enable alerts in background/standby checked
    and
    alert me when I receive an IM checked
    and
    alert me with a pop up checked

?
    Sprint 700p
    Trying it out and so far I like it. This may be the Verichat replacement I have been looking for. I just wish they would add the following features:

1. View away messages/see who is idle.

2. Show when someone you are chatting with is typing.

3. Customize alert tones and more alert options ala Verichat for in app and background.

It also would be nice if the messages received from contacts other than immediate chat window you are in previewed like Verichat.

Otherwise, I like it and will probably buy it.
    Quote Originally Posted by peterlemonjello View Post
    Speak for yourself. I don't want SMS. First, VZW SMS packages are outrageous. Second, typical SMS apps require an intermediary server to manage sending SMS messages for IM'ing. This means monthly subscription fees for the IM apps. I've used Toccer, Chatopus and now Mundu and I don't have battery problems since I have a Seidio 3200mah battery
    I totally agree. Cingular's SMS packages are outrageous and I don't see the point of having an IM program and using SMS on it. I don't have an extended battery and haven't had any abnormal drain on my 650 or my 680...maybe it's multiple apps using data that are increasing the battery drain.

Mundu has been running stable for me and I've been getting sound, vibrate and popup alerts. I was disappointed that the screen didn't light up during the popup when in background until I received some messages that I didn't want seen by anyone else. Now I'm glad I'm able to control when I see the message and when others can't...
  8.    #88  
    Quote Originally Posted by Christinac130 View Post
    I totally agree. Cingular's SMS packages are outrageous and I don't see the point of having an IM program and using SMS on it. I don't have an extended battery and haven't had any abnormal drain on my 650 or my 680...maybe it's multiple apps using data that are increasing the battery drain.

Mundu has been running stable for me and I've been getting sound, vibrate and popup alerts. I was disappointed that the screen didn't light up during the popup when in background until I received some messages that I didn't want seen by anyone else. Now I'm glad I'm able to control when I see the message and when others can't...
    now that you mention that....hmmm, makes sense - wouldn't want the wrong IM getting into the wrong eyes, I mean hands...
    Fred
    Cingular 680
    With Causerie SMS feature the IM's can be received and replied in SMS format
    when causerie runs in background mode. There may be slight delay in sending and receiving IM's as SMS due to carrier and traffic conditions. However the SMS feature works well.
    I just got an email from mundu support that the upgrade to V4 is free to version 3 owners.

>>Even better, You being a privileged Mundu IM version 3.0 customer
    entitles you to a
    free Upgrade to version 4.0! And since you recently purchased version
    3.0 of Mundu IM for
    19.95 USD, we will refund you 8.95 USD as a thank you gesture.

All we would need is you to reply to this mail with your Mundu ID.
    Quote Originally Posted by fkjr2 View Post
    when you say your getting pop ups, is your screen waking up or no? Mine is not, it just alerts with sound only.
    No, the screen doesn't come on for me when IMs come through, and I prefer it that way. I get the sound then I turn on the screen and the popup is there. I thought the screen not coming on with with the pop up was a feature. If it's a bug, it's one I like.

Also, battery drain has been fine for me. I use Push via VersaMail set to check every hour, have been IMing for 3 hours straight, web surfing like a maniac, and I streamed/downloaded Rocket Boom and I'm down to 79%. It's casual Friday and I'm not even giving the illusion I'm working today.
    ~Jessi~

Handspring Visor > Handspring Visor Edge - Silver > Handspring Treo 90 > Palm Tungsten T3 > Palm Treo 680 - Arctic
    Quote Originally Posted by pool_shark View Post
    I just got an email from mundu support that the upgrade to V4 is free to version 3 owners.

entitles you to a
    3.0 of Mundu IM for

I just got that email too. That's pretty cool, but they should have gotten this email out days ago. I guess I'll take back my shady comments.
    ~Jessi~

Handspring Visor > Handspring Visor Edge - Silver > Handspring Treo 90 > Palm Tungsten T3 > Palm Treo 680 - Arctic
    Quote Originally Posted by jessi_9783 View Post
    I just got that email too. That's pretty cool, but they should have gotten this email out days ago. I guess I'll take back my shady comments.
    They really should have, especially since the check for upgrades feature said there were no upgrades available.
    No, the screen doesn't come on for me when IMs come through, and I prefer it that way. I get the sound then I turn on the screen and the popup is there. I thought the screen not coming on with with the pop up was a feature. If it's a bug, it's one I like.

Also, battery drain has been fine for me. I use Push via VersaMail set to check every hour, have been IMing for 3 hours straight, web surfing like a maniac, and I streamed/downloaded Rocket Boom and I'm down to 79%. It's casual Friday and I'm not even giving the illusion I'm working today.
    Jessi,

It's the background drain that I think is the issue.. Mundu keeps the Treo more active than Verichat did, it doesn't magically use more battery just running itself. I suppose it could though, if it used more CPU to keep itself alive and communicating, but I mainly noticed that when the Treo was off the drain nearly doubled from Verichat typical usage.
    They really should have, especially since the check for upgrades feature said there were no upgrades available.
    Yea, I checked for Mundu v3 for upgrades hoping that I could get v4 that way since I really prefer OTA over HotSync.

Quote Originally Posted by khaytsus View Post
    Jessi,

It's the background drain that I think is the issue.. Mundu keeps the Treo more active than Verichat did, it doesn't magically use more battery just running itself. I suppose it could though, if it used more CPU to keep itself alive and communicating, but I mainly noticed that when the Treo was off the drain nearly doubled from Verichat typical usage.
    I haven't noticed that kind of drain at all. But then again, I've never had battery drain problems with my treo to begin with.
    ~Jessi~

entitles you to a
    3.0 of Mundu IM for

This is the response I received from Mundu:

We thank you for your interest in mundu platform.

Our company policy is that all Mundu V3 customers who purchased V3 in 2006 or earlier are not eligible for a free upgrade and need to purchase V4. But please note that the price of V4 is US$11 and it comes with significant enhancements over V3. We hope you will consider upgrading to V4.
    Last edited by Parityone; 03/16/2007 at 12:45 PM.
  17.    #97  

Thats cool.

Yes I'm starting to dig the screen off pop up thingy - I was used to Verichat waking up the screen...if only mundu would alert via the LED also......hmmmm
    Fred
    Cingular 680
  18.    #98  
    Is it possible to email contacts with mundu 4.0?
    Fred
    Cingular 680
  19.    #99  
    Has anyone using a Cingular 680 been able to auto login and auto login within "schedule" successfully?

If so can you post your exact settings under Mundu AND under Palm preferences under network.

Mine does not auto connect after reset and does not connect within set schedule i.e. 9:00 to 5:00p

Thanks!~
    Fred
    Cingular 680
    come to think of it my battery drain may come from me having bluetooth on almost always & my headset is always connected. I will try without to see. I haven't been able to get mine to reconnect after disconnect either.
Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast