Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
    Wouldn't anything using a constant data connection drain the battery??
    Here's all of the issues/annoyances I've found. I'm pretty impressed with Mundu 4.

1. Won't auto-reconnect in the background after turning radio off then on or after loosing signal.
    2. Can't view contacts status messages or tell how long they've been idle
    3. No way to initialize context menu without stylus
    4. Licensing text, read carefully the $11 for life only includes updates to ver.4. When they come out with ver.5 you'll have to pay.
    Quote Originally Posted by Christinac130 View Post
    Wouldn't anything using a constant data connection drain the battery??
    Yep.. some things eat battery more than others though. I really was liking Chatopus at first until it killed my 650 battery. I hadn't gotten as far with Mundu before, as it kept resetting (until version 4). Causerie drains it too... except it does phantom disconnects every now and again which limits battery usage.
  4.    #44  
    yes a few issues here to note...

1. DOES not auto connect @ schedule! i.e. 9-5pm - or at all for that matter
    2. Pictures transfered only from Pics app, NOT sd card - bummer
    3. No pop up screen alerts - just buzzing. (background mode)

still nice though - hopefully mundu is listening to us and make some changes soon
    Fred
    Cingular 680
    Quote Originally Posted by fkjr2 View Post

still nice though - hopefully mundu is listening to us and make some changes soon
    Haven't tried the schedule but will. I'll let you know if it works for me.
    I can transfer pics on the sd card.
    I think the popup might be a 680 issue. Popups work fine on my 700p.
    Just tested the scheduler and everything worked fine.
    I'm going to buy it too . Even if it has bugs, $11.00 for a one time fee isn't bad if they keep working on it...

Jesse...did you get to test out background mode on your 680? It's been fine on mine.
    Yes I did, thanks for asking. I bought Jeff took pity on me and IMed me from his 700p. Mundu is working perfectly for me. I love it and bought it last night. Woot! I completely agree with you I can deal with any bugs at this low price. So far I haven't found any bugs yet.

Quote Originally Posted by peterlemonjello View Post
    Here's all of the issues/annoyances I've found. I'm pretty impressed with Mundu 4.

1. Won't auto-reconnect in the background after turning radio off then on or after loosing signal.
    2. Can't view contacts status messages or tell how long they've been idle
    3. No way to initialize context menu without stylus
    4. Licensing text, read carefully the $11 for life only includes updates to ver.4. When they come out with ver.5 you'll have to pay.
    Oh #4 is crappy although the Lifetime Use is still technically true. They won't force you to upgrade to v5. Mundu should just come out and say $11 gets you all updates up till v5. There's no need to be all shady about it.
    ~Jessi~

Handspring Visor > Handspring Visor Edge - Silver > Handspring Treo 90 > Palm Tungsten T3 > Palm Treo 680 - Arctic
    Is anyone having problems keeping AOL connected? After exactly 5 minutes, I get disconnected.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaytee View Post
    yep... mundu eats battery.. but so does chatopus, and causerie to a smaller extent.
    Yes, all of them do. Of course, it's keeping the Treo busy.

But good lord, it's at least 2x the rate that it was with the exact same setup as Verichat.

Normally I see around 5%/hr with Chatter and Verichat online, I'm seeing 9% with Chatter and Mundu. At this rate, my phone is dead at 7pm tonight. And last night I'm sure it was even worse. I charged at my desk until 1:30, the phone shut itself off around 11. So that's around 10.5%/hr.
    My annoyance is this:

The Contacts list is SUPPOSED to look like the screenshot on page 40 of the .pdf user manual.

However, mine looks like the screencap attached below:

So what gives? Why is the contacts screen extended like that on my 700p? It is bizarre looking and annoying.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    I've got no idea, that sucks. It looks perfect on my 680, just like in the manual.
    ~Jessi~

Handspring Visor > Handspring Visor Edge - Silver > Handspring Treo 90 > Palm Tungsten T3 > Palm Treo 680 - Arctic
    hehe... try running Chatter, Mundu, and TreoSpot all at the same time.

Quote Originally Posted by khaytsus View Post

But good lord, it's at least 2x the rate that it was with the exact same setup as Verichat.

Normally I see around 5%/hr with Chatter and Verichat online, I'm seeing 9% with Chatter and Mundu. At this rate, my phone is dead at 7pm tonight. And last night I'm sure it was even worse. I charged at my desk until 1:30, the phone shut itself off around 11. So that's around 10.5%/hr.
    Quote Originally Posted by headgamer View Post
    My annoyance is this:

The Contacts list is SUPPOSED to look like the screenshot on page 40 of the .pdf user manual.

However, mine looks like the screencap attached below:

So what gives? Why is the contacts screen extended like that on my 700p? It is bizarre looking and annoying.
    That looks like a screenshot of your chat tab not the contacts tab?
    Quote Originally Posted by khaytsus View Post

Glad I have the seidio 3200mah extended battery
    Quote Originally Posted by fkjr2 View Post

I don't understand why some of us are getting the popup screen on background mode and some aren't. I have a 680 and the "quick reply" screen pops up instantly with the vibrate or sound alert. jaytee was having the same problem. Jesse, is your working? Maybe something else is preventing the popup?

I have TreoSpot running, but not Chatter...
    Quote Originally Posted by peterlemonjello View Post
    That looks like a screenshot of your chat tab not the contacts tab?
    No, that is a screenshot of the Contacts *LIST* (sorry I mis-spoke myself earlier) with Chat *TAB* highlighted superimposed over the contact list. (I did that so people could see what I meant by "superimposed over the contact window"). It only does that in the Contact List screen. In a Chat window everything looks perfect. But When I am looking at all my contacts online like that screenshot, the contacts window covers up most of the Contacts/Chats/other buttons.

Quite annoying. I would be interested to know if it is unique to me (wouldn't be surprised with my luck LOL) of maybe unique to the 700p. We've already had the 680 chime in with a perfect screen report.

Anyone else have this?

I am probably gonna buy it anyway, but it does get annoying when going bac and forth between the contacts list and a chat window.

HG...
    I don't understand why some of us are getting the popup screen on background mode and some aren't. I have a 680 and the "quick reply" screen pops up instantly with the vibrate or sound alert. jaytee was having the same problem. Jesse, is your working? Maybe something else is preventing the popup?

I have TreoSpot running, but not Chatter...
    Yeah I don't get pop-ups either on my 700p...and I don't use Chatter OR Treospot...
    I can't believe this company can't post a single screenshot of their products on their web site. The first things I look for when going to a web site to evaluate a product are screenshots and price. If they don't exist, I'm out of there... (but I did, in this case, download just to see what it looks like)

Really Mundu, lets get some screen shots up there.
    Bryan Nystrom
    Natara Software, Inc.
    Oh #4 is crappy although the Lifetime Use is still technically true. They won't force you to upgrade to v5. Mundu should just come out and say $11 gets you all updates up till v5. There's no need to be all shady about it.

Really what they are saying is "You are paying for a software license and NOT for a service or subscription license". There are no recurring service fees (I think that is how Veri-Chat was priced). I don't think it is shady... just not clear. I think its a fair pricing scheme (if the product is good).
    Bryan Nystrom
    Natara Software, Inc.
    You can have more than one aim, icq, yahoo account online at a time in Mundu 4. But to do so requires making use of the Jabber support to add the additional log-ins. I had three ICQs on at once while testing and chatting with myself.
Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast