Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 67891011
    This D/C issue is getting really old...I wish it would just stay connected
    I'm not entirely sure if this is a Mundu issue or not, honestly. I'm finding two things:

1) Yahoo tends to disconnect for me periodically. But I have this *same* behavior if I'm using a a desktop IM client over the course of a day. Perhaps this is some kind of API or timeout problem in the client, but it doesn't seem specific to Mundu from my experience.

2) I find that the more IM services I connect to, the more often the disconnects happen. I also use Chatteremail, so this only adds to the problem. Why? Because POS has a maximum of 8 TCP sockets open at once. I find that if both applications are busy trying to open more sockets, then one of them invariably loses. For Mundu, this results in a disconnect of at least one service. So, yes, it's annoying... but it's also more a symptom of POS than it is of any particular application.

One area that there seems to be a bit of variance in results (esp for 680 owners) is whether Mundu will recover it's connections after a phone call. I've only had one or two occasions in which this didn't happen. In most cases, I will even get IM messages sent while I was on a call once I hang up. I was very impressed. It made those occasions where it didn't work annoying. But never did I have to reset my phone. Usually, a simple cycle of turning the radio off and on again is enough to restore functionality in my case.

I guess the overall point is that it's not entirely clear to me whether some of this is POS misbehavior and which might actually be application issues. I've seen Marc work around some pretty weird stuff in the OS with Chatter, for example.
    I am finding that when I have MUNDU ON my treo I miss all my texts, VM's and calls. I reset my phone and I get a ton of messages that were never deleted...I totally deleted mundu and I havent had a problem...

Toccer>Mundu...I am officially done with Mundu
    I haven't used an IM client before and I have never experienced random resets until I installed Munu. I then had at least 4 a day. I have uninstalled it and no more random resets on my 700p.
    Quote Originally Posted by theMUHMEshow View Post
    I am finding that when I have MUNDU ON my treo I miss all my texts, VM's and calls. I reset my phone and I get a ton of messages that were never deleted...I totally deleted mundu and I havent had a problem...

Toccer>Mundu...I am officially done with Mundu
    Are you in an EVDO area?
    I've been using Chatopus BTW. Works dandy. Battery drain is as bad as Mundu unfortunately, and it's not as flashy. And one downfall that will probably disappoint a lot of folks (and me a little..) is it doesn't seem to be able to send files.

But it works reliably and stays connected.
    Global Posts
    78 Global Posts
    Yahoo never disconnects for me on Mundu. AIM drops all the time, and I pretty much SEE it always drop because I have the audio notification turned on for when I am signed on or see a friend sign on. I don't have a problem with battery drain or with not getting VMs, texts, etc.

I tried Causerie, this one dropped alot also and didn't have a reconnect feature (which I guess is no different than having one and it not working)

Chatopus works ok...not the pretiest program out there. But AIM seemed to drop on Chatopus all the time as well.

The only real complain I have about Mundu is the dropped connection and reconnect doesn't seem to work.
    Quote Originally Posted by kc5hwb View Post
    The only real complain I have about Mundu is the dropped connection and reconnect doesn't seem to work.
    Unfortunately, that's a pretty important complaint...
    Toccer is great...I love it...BUT IT LOOKS SO TERRIBLE hahaha. Gosh it is an ugly app to use!
    Quote Originally Posted by peterlemonjello View Post
    Are you in an EVDO area?
    Yeah...
    Causerie Always On feature works well. It tries to reconnect after soft reset, long phone call, lost data connection while causerie running in background mode.
    VeriChat has completely stopped working for me for about a week now, so I've been trying out Chatopus and Mundu on Jabber. Chatopus has no concept of logging in by itself, after disconnect, at boot, on a schedule, etc.. So I'm poking Mundu again. (I apparently like pain....)

It's using 20% battery an hour on one Jabber server. I removed Mundu and reset, battery drain back to normal. Installed it again, set it back up, back to 20%. WTH? Anyone else using it on Jabber? I see a few folks saying they are from searching the thread, but this is an insane amount of battery. It's draining so fast the Palm is warm.

Mundu was using around 10% combined with Chatter before (when I tried it last time, using MSN, Yahoo, and AIM directly), which was bad, but this is insane. I keep trying various things thinking surely something is wacky, but I've done soft resets, exited, restarted things, etc... The only thing that made it go away was uninstalling Mundu and doing a soft reset, and it only came back when I reinstalled Mundu and set it back up and went online again.
    Mundu kind of loots like Verichat on their early stages. However, I'm having a hard time getting used to it. It is a bit buggy and eats my battery like crazy. We need an update.

Al
    I've actually been very pleased with Mundu v4 after using it for several weeks full-time now. I was even happier after I figured out that I could set my buddy nicknames using the native AIM and YM clients; it would be much nicer if this was possible from Mundu itself.

The only other niggle I've had is that Yahoo seems to keep connection in cycles now and again. But so far this hasn't been a show stopper for me.

I wouldn't mind seeing a new release before too long, but I've been reasonably satisfied with this latest Mundu incarnation. I certainly haven't to worry about a back-end server getting hung or crashing (sometimes over a weekend)... which has been a welcome change.
Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 67891011