Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 567891011 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by khaytsus View Post
    I have the 680, and it stays online because Chatter is always online. But Mundu itself doesn't stay connected to my services if it gets disconnected. Long phone call, GPRS drops out, whatever.. It doesn't reconnect.

And the schedule doesn't work, as people have noted.
    Did I misread, or did you "put Mundu in the trash where it belongs" on the 14th? What happened?

Actually, I've been on phone calls and found Mundu resumed it's connection just fine. Maybe it depends on the length of the call? But at least if it's not connected it says so. I got really tired of Causerie telling you it was connected when it actually wasn't.
    Quote Originally Posted by taroliw View Post
    I find I have no trouble using my own sounds, as long as I upload them as I would a new ringtone. In fact, I'm using one of those for my IM alert now.
    yeah but they're MIDI's...I want to use .wav's
    Quote Originally Posted by peterlemonjello View Post
    I guess I'm lucky. I login into AIM, Yahoo, Jabber, and GTalk and stay connected all day long. I've never had problems with resets. I probably average 1 disconnect every couple of days.
    I log into AIM, Yahoo, ICQ, GTalk, and MSN. All but Yahoo are solid. And Yahoo only seems to drop once or twice a day if it does drop. Not too shabby, IMHO.
    Quote Originally Posted by theMUHMEshow View Post
    yeah but they're MIDI's...I want to use .wav's
    You can't play WAVs on PalmOS without a third party application. I've not yet seen an IM app that integrates this way to play WAVs. Does Toccer do that?
    Quote Originally Posted by peterlemonjello View Post
    As stated before the top bar that just has "Mundu" is also used to display when a new email has arrived and when a user you're chatting with is typing.
    Great, but I don't need my IM application to tell me about email. That's why I have an email application. Give me back the screen space... or at least let me choose if I want to lose the ability to also see Palm OS alerts, time, battery, signal strength, etc without having to bounce in and out of the application. Or, better yet... let me move those bits to the BOTTOM bar (since I hide the icon bar there anyway).
    You can't play WAVs on PalmOS without a third party application. I've not yet seen an IM app that integrates this way to play WAVs. Does Toccer do that?
    Yes...Toccer does allow it. I just want "VOICE" clips for my IM alerts...I do not care what file it is....wav .mp3 ect... I just do not want the stupid MIDI alerts.
    Hey, wasn't aware abt Mundu V4 until I came across this thread... seeing such an enthusiastic discussion. I decided to give it a try. Here are my inferences from 2 days of use:
    1. Complicated preferences - At first look the preferences looked quite intimidating. But the good thing is that if ur prepared to invest some time in it... it does pretty much everything you want, the way you want.
    2. Lot of ppl talked abt disconnection problem. I was logged into Yahoo, MSN and GTalk. Each service disconnected once (Yahoo twice), but Mundu was prompt with the alert. (I'm a GPRS user. Not on a CDMA network. So network plays a part in the disconnection problem, just a guess, i'm no techie).
    3. IT DID DRAIN MY BATTERY!!!
    4. File Transfer worked fine. No quirks there.
    5. The super-conferencing this is really innovative feature. Really cool Does VC provide that??

Conclusion: For $11 Mundu is a real steal. Though I wish they would extend the trial period. 5 days aren't enuf. I'm definitely going for it.
    Quote Originally Posted by SlickNick View Post
    1. Complicated preferences - At first look the preferences looked quite intimidating. But the good thing is that if ur prepared to invest some time in it... it does pretty much everything you want, the way you want.
    I didn't think the preferences were hard at all. Did you read the manual?

2. Lot of ppl talked abt disconnection problem. I was logged into Yahoo, MSN and GTalk. Each service disconnected once (Yahoo twice), but Mundu was prompt with the alert. (I'm a GPRS user. Not on a CDMA network. So network plays a part in the disconnection problem, just a guess, i'm no techie).
    You aren't the only one to be experiencing disconnects. I'm on GPRS too but I don't get disconnected from Yahoo! very often. When I do Mundu tells me so it's no biggie.

3. IT DID DRAIN MY BATTERY!!!
    That sucks, but it's not surprising in fact it's to be expected. I have a 680 and the drain isn't bad for me. Could it be better? Heck yea! But am I going to complain? Nope.

4. File Transfer worked fine. No quirks there.
    My new TC IMing buddy and I are going to have to try it.

5. The super-conferencing this is really innovative feature. Really cool Does VC provide that??
    I don't know if VC does the "super-conferencing" but I've taken VC out of the equation. It doesn't matter what it can/can't do since it's dead/dying.
    ~Jessi~

Handspring Visor > Handspring Visor Edge - Silver > Handspring Treo 90 > Palm Tungsten T3 > Palm Treo 680 - Arctic
    File transfers work but BEWARE!!! They are not secure by any means. Up until yesterday I could browse every file sent by any user on mundu's web server. They've since revoked browsing privileges.
    Global Posts
    78 Global Posts
    Mundu V4 works ok. The disconnects that everyone is talking about only happens on AIM to me. NO... the "reconnect when connection drops" feature DOES NOT WORK. But, no other programs even has this, except VC which is dead.

Haven't tried file xfer yet, don't honestly care about it.

Group chat work pretty good with yahoo. None of the other apps I have tried even this. I am quite happy with this feature.

v4 is definately worth a 1-time fee of $11
    Quote Originally Posted by kc5hwb View Post
    Mundu V4 works ok. The disconnects that everyone is talking about only happens on AIM to me. NO... the "reconnect when connection drops" feature DOES NOT WORK.
    I had Mundu set to auto-reconnect WITHOUT popup notification, and it regularly failed to reconnect. I don't know if it ALWAYS failed to reconnect, because I couldn't observe every time that it was disconnecting. It is possible that it was successfully relogging in on occasion without my being aware of it. But it sure fails frequently if not always.

Today, I tried turning on popup notification, and lo and behold, Mundu now logs in after disconnect. However, turning on popup notfication means I have to hear or see that notification, then click on the button to reconnect, which isn't my idea of "automatic".

But, no other programs even has this, except VC which is dead.
    Toccer has that feature, and it works. If memory serves (my trial expired last week), Chatopus also does.

Haven't tried file xfer yet, don't honestly care about it.
    I tried it once, which seemed to cause a soft reset.
    Quote Originally Posted by jessi_9783 View Post
    You aren't the only one to be experiencing disconnects. I'm on GPRS too but I don't get disconnected from Yahoo! very often. When I do Mundu tells me so it's no biggie.
    That's a biggie for me. You have popup notification turned on, and I'm beginning to think that that's a key to making the relogin feature work.

The re-login does seem to work fine if popup notification is turned on. It seems to fail regularly if popup notification is turned off.

I've had popup notification turned off until today, because I don't like popups interrupting me constantly while I'm doing other things on the Treo (or elsewhere). I want Mundu to automatically reconnect without requiring my attention and active intervention. I have other things to do besides obsessively nurse my AIM login all day long.

Until this is fixed, I guess I'm back to Toccer, which also has an "automatically relogin after disconnect" feature that works without user intervention.
    Quote Originally Posted by jfinlayson View Post
    I tried it once, which seemed to cause a soft reset.
    It crashed in file transfer??? I tried it plenty of times, it does take its own sweet time in transferring the file, also it waits a long time showing "Waiting for URL". God knows where it fetches it from!! But it didn't reset. When exactly did it reset the device in ur case???
  14.    #194  
    has anyone heard back from mundu about the auto connect issue? My 680 refuses to reconnect or connect within set schedule.

They set me a debug build and I sent over a log file but havent heard back.
    Fred
    Cingular 680
    I haven't personally encountered that issue on my 680, so I can't really say.
    Quote Originally Posted by fkjr2 View Post
    has anyone heard back from mundu about the auto connect issue? My 680 refuses to reconnect or connect within set schedule.

They set me a debug build and I sent over a log file but havent heard back.
    Same here. Sent log file 6 days ago. Haven't heard back. I'm sure they're swamped at this stage, just after a point-0 release.

It may be doing better since I toggled on pop up alerts (Options->Preferences, Alerts), but I'm not sure. Could be a coincidence, but automatic relogin attempts always failed with a login error when I had pop up alerts turned off. Since turning on pop up alerts, I have yet to see one of those login errors.

On the other hand, I was feeling pleased just now about Mundu having stayed logged in to AIM all day, with only a couple of auto-relogins early on. Then I started feeling suspicious. On of the contacts showing as actively online is in a time zone where it's past midnight, and she's no night owl. Hmm. So I try to send her an IM. As soon as I click Send, Mundu fesses up: "AIM - You have been disconnected from the server".

So maybe it's still failing to relogin after all.
    It crashed in file transfer??? I tried it plenty of times,.. But it didn't reset. When exactly did it reset the device in ur case???
    At the start of the data transfer. I do get occasional seemingly-random resets that I suspect are related to background datacomm, so it could well be a coincidence. After all, I've only tried it once. That's why I wrote "seems".
    I have yet to have any issues with Mundu, though I haven't tried the file tranfer or scheduling features.

There are a couple of features I would like to have added:

Allow replies to offline messages.

Allow adding/blocking a user from within the chat window.
    My list would also include:

* enable setting of buddy nicknames

Seems silly to me that Mundu offers features to sort by nicknames but no way to set them. In fact, I'm not sure how to get Mundu to see nicknames at all. Anyone found a way?
    My list would also include:

* enable setting of buddy nicknames

Seems silly to me that Mundu offers features to sort by nicknames but no way to set them. In fact, I'm not sure how to get Mundu to see nicknames at all. Anyone found a way?
    I have this problem too. I've tried everything to change them, but I can't figure it out. I thought I was missing something because they do offer the "view by nicknames" option. Thanks for letting me know it's not just me being an *****...
Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 567891011 LastLast