Global Posts
    319 Global Posts
    In the past 2 weeks my treo has been acting very weird.

The power drain is very high. I have the Seidio 2400mAh Battery

I have not installed any new apps or have apps running in the background. Even data is off. The juice runs out after only 15 hours or so. It used to last days on standby. Now just 15 hours max on standby.

Could it be the phone or the battery coming to an end?

Does Seidio have a warranty?
    Made this just for fun...I'm Kermit

Are you using SAG?
    Something may have become corrupted. . . .

Only way to know for sure if it is a hardware or software issue is to do a clean install:
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...22&postcount=5
    same thing happening here. all of a sudden, battery life is down to less than 40% by 2 pm and dead by 5. i will try the perry method of narrowing it down to hardware or software.
    it's not a crack house, it's a crack home.
    subscribe
    I'm having the same problem and all I did was apply the Daylight Savings Time fix.
    Quote Originally Posted by Camel View Post
    In the past 2 weeks my treo has been acting very weird.

The power drain is very high. I have the Seidio 2400mAh Battery

I have not installed any new apps or have apps running in the background. Even data is off. The juice runs out after only 15 hours or so. It used to last days on standby. Now just 15 hours max on standby.

Could it be the phone or the battery coming to an end?

Does Seidio have a warranty?
    Just curious, how old is your battery?
    iPhone 4S
    Former Treo & Storm Owner
    Cigar Lover
    Just in case you haven't tried resetting yet... Have any of you tried removing the battery waiting a bit and then replacing it to reset the Treo? I was having a similar issue and that seemed to resolve it. My best guess is that some background process got out of hand.
    I have the same problem. I also have SAG. Maybe that's it. Oh where, oh where has our promised update gone? Oh where, oh where can it be?
    From the 680 threads -- put your device on a wall charger, when it hits 100% (green light), soft reset it while it is still plugged into the charger . . . . this is supposed to recalibrate the charging/battery circuitry. . . . . .
    Global Posts
    319 Global Posts
    Thanks for the tips. I will try them out.

Here is what i did so far.

1- Backed up the phone and hard reset it. Did not work

2- Uninstalled ptunes 4 (thinking it had a bug causing craziness in the back ground). Did not work

I have to try

Testing original battery, Perry's tips with the charging and reset, and taking off sag (which i dont use anyway.)

Another problem is that the treo is becoming more and more like my old gsm 650. I would have to hit the power button 6+ times for it to turn on at sometimes. Also at other times and during ptunes 4 i used to get the low memory message.
    Made this just for fun...I'm Kermit

my battery never seems to get a full charge? No matter how long I keep it on the charger it will say "99%" when I take it off? is that normal?
    Quote Originally Posted by theMUHMEshow View Post
    my battery never seems to get a full charge? No matter how long I keep it on the charger it will say "99%" when I take it off? is that normal?
    Technically this would be accurate since it could not be at 100% if it were drawing on battery power. Mine does the same thing, BTW.