Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Or only when you need it?
    I always need it...
    In all the time.
    How else can you make a backup ? And all those other bits and pieces which are stored on it ?
    Digital since 1980, Handheld since 2001
    M105, TE, T3.5, Treo 680, Treo 500v
    Happy Datebk6.1 user
    Global Posts
    53 Global Posts
    My 8GB SD card stays in.

I figure if I keep it in a safe place, it'll last longer and it'll be less likely to get lost.

/ancker
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by ancker View Post
    My 8GB SD card stays in.

I figure if I keep it in a safe place, it'll last longer and it'll be less likely to get lost.

/ancker
    8GB, Wow, I only have a 2
    Always in.
    The only time I take the SD card out is to back it up on my laptop just before I backup my laptop- which of course is after My treo is backed-up to the SD card.
    Backup Backup Backup.
    Good Luck
    iPhone 4S
    Former Treo & Storm Owner
    Cigar Lover
    Same as TurboTiger.
    alsways in, use card reader software to access is usually.
    PalmIII > PalmIIIx > PalmIIIxe > TRGPro > Handera 330 > Zire71 > Treo600 > Treo650 > Treo680 > Treo750 > Centro > TreoPro > iPhone 32GB 3GS

Quote Originally Posted by jamesgangut View Post
    alsways in, use card reader software to access is usually.
    Since moving over to 680 I had to remove my card every time when I needed to access the data on my PC since Card Export II made my device crash.
    Since Softick decided not to support Card Export II on 680 for at least some weeks to come (estimate end of March + will be release upgrade so I expect one will have to pay for it), I recently switched to Card Reader and now I am a happy camper again I never take out that card anymore ...
    Happy Datebk6.1 user
    Mine is always in as well
    Same for me on CardExport. I was bugged but Card Reader works so well I am over it.
    PalmIII > PalmIIIx > PalmIIIxe > TRGPro > Handera 330 > Zire71 > Treo600 > Treo650 > Treo680 > Treo750 > Centro > TreoPro > iPhone 32GB 3GS

Global Posts
    102 Global Posts
    I most leave mine in all the time, too. For shorter transfers, I use Card Export II (never crashes for me) so I never have to remove it, but for really large files I will take it out to use my card reader. But then it goes right back in there for safekeeping and full use. I store most of my applications on it, so I need it in the Treo.
    Except for when I went from a 2G SD card to a 4G SDHC Class 6, mine never comes out (and I love the protected side door, because I used to accidentally eject the memory card all the time with my 650). I also use CardReader and love it.
    Yeah, what's the point of not having it in?

Plus, I totally avoid messing with the weak SD door unless I absolutely have to. I do a lot more bluetooth or web file installs than I used to. On my 650 I just popped the card out and copied it over for most things.
    Hehe.. Always in, although I really have 3 cards. Two 2G cards which each have the same basic apps and different albums for Ptunes and some different storage and transfer data. I also have a dictionary/thesarus SD card. It all works with 1 SD card in the treo and the other two in the pockets of my Krussell horzontal case.
    My 8g SDHC card is always in. And I purchased Card Export 2 from softick about 3 weeks ago and it works flawless on my Treo 680 ( knock on wood! ).
    Always in!
    Always in.

And CardExport II has worked for me and my 680 since day one. Strange.
    Quote Originally Posted by PatrickS View Post
    Always in.

And CardExport II has worked for me and my 680 since day one. Strange.
    Very strange indeed since I have a written confirmation from Softick that they are aware it is NOT stable on 680
    Happy Datebk6.1 user
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast