1.    #1  
    Just called Cingular and ordered a new crimson Treo 680 to replace the graphite one I have now!! In fact, the rep said I was only the second one they had ordered because it just became available to Business Services today! I'm all excited!!

I hope the red won't be too RED and be less than business-like. The graphite one is very classy & conservative...but a little "bling" wouldn't hurt either. I guess I'll make my choice when the crimson one comes tomorrow. Only downside is that I have to set up Versamail again, do the camera patch again...and buy another screen protector...oh well. I'm still stoked!

Woot-woot!!!

(Notice...new temporary Avatar in place...)
    Last edited by davistld01; 03/12/2007 at 01:58 PM.
    Just don't tell my wife, she's going to sh|t bricks when she finds out the Crimson is available through Cingular. She almost had me pay $400 for the unlocked version rather than the $75 we paid for hers because she had to have red.
    <whine>

I want color and I don't want to be shackled to Cingular. Gimme a bright/shiny 700wx/750/whatever, unlocked and unblemished by carrier junk. Gimme gimme gimme.

</whine>
    I feel like a dodged a bullet. I don't want to carry a cellphone that remotely looks like a branded phone. I seem to be the only one on the face of the planet who cares. Oh well.
    Quote Originally Posted by khaytsus View Post
    Just don't tell my wife, she's going to sh|t bricks when she finds out the Crimson is available through Cingular.
    I did when I found out...
    I got the Copper unlocked but wish I could have also ordered the Crimson Unlocked before they were all gone.

Have fun with your new Crimson.

Let's us know if it has the AT+T or Cingular Logo on it?
    Last edited by Hooterville; 03/12/2007 at 03:55 PM.
    ghiscott-
    You are not the only one I am glad I was able to get mine unmarked.
    PalmIII > PalmIIIx > PalmIIIxe > TRGPro > Handera 330 > Zire71 > Treo600 > Treo650 > Treo680 > Treo750 > Centro > TreoPro > iPhone 32GB 3GS

8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by Christinac130 View Post
    I did when I found out...
    Christina...I got to thinking about your saying how sexy your Crimson 680 was, and I had to take the plunge.

I would also really prefer a unlocked/unbranded model...but my budget won't let me justify paying more than twice the price for that luxury.
    Quote Originally Posted by davistld01 View Post
    Christina...I got to thinking about your saying how sexy your Crimson 680 was, and I had to take the plunge.

I would also really prefer a unlocked/unbranded model...but my budget won't let me justify paying more than twice the price for that luxury.
    You're thinking of "ChristieC" . She has a crimson, I have the plain ol' graphite. That's why I'm upset...I wanted a Crimson and I was a three months too early buying mine.
  10.    #10  
    You're thinking of "ChristieC" . She has a crimson, I have the plain ol' graphite. That's why I'm upset...I wanted a Crimson and I was a three months too early buying mine.
    Ooooops. OK...I'm an *****.

You're right.

But...perhaps if you call Cingular and ask to do a "conditional upgrade" (like I have done in the past) they might cut you some slack.

$274 w/2-year agreement. (They might even let you exchange...)
    I got mine for $49.99 after rebate on Amazon...I don't think the red is worth the extra cash
  12.    #12  
    I got mine for $49.99 after rebate on Amazon...I don't think the red is worth the extra cash
    You're right. If I had to pay more instead of doing a straight exchange, I would never do it anyway.

$49.99 after rebate????? Wow...that's awesome. I thought I did pretty well...but nooooooo.
    Quote Originally Posted by davistld01 View Post
    Just called Cingular and ordered a new crimson Treo 680 to replace the graphite one I have now!! In fact, the rep said I was only the second one they had ordered because it just became available to Business Services today! I'm all excited!!

I hope the red won't be too RED and be less than business-like. The graphite one is very classy & conservative...but a little "bling" wouldn't hurt either. I guess I'll make my choice when the crimson one comes tomorrow. Only downside is that I have to set up Versamail again, do the camera patch again...and buy another screen protector...oh well. I'm still stoked!

Woot-woot!!!

(Notice...new temporary Avatar in place...)
    davistld, I'm happy for you!! As I think I told you in another forum (where my ID is ChristieCannon), I'm a corporate attorney in a very conservative business environment and I've never felt that my crimson, which is a beautiful (and yes, SEXY) dark red, was less than business-like. I think you made a great choice!
    I will end up getting mine for $49 after rebate through Cingular (Business Premiere site):
    $275 on Premiere
    $100 off instantly for having a $40/voice + $40 data plan
    =$175
    $25 Credit at Checkout
    =$150 (actual price paid with free overnight shipping)
    $100 Mail in Rebate through Cingular
    =$50 (after MIR)

It's for my wife who is having WM5 growing pains. Finally got her to admit she wants to return to the Palm OS. I'm sticking with my 750 for now (I like 3G)
    Last edited by taylorh; 03/12/2007 at 06:00 PM.
  15.    #15  
    I asked in another thread...but I wonder if the Crimson phone will be AT&T or Cingular branded? The story on the home page says that the red Blackberry Pearl will be the first phone officially AT&T-branded, but said nothing about the Crimson 680's branding, unless I missed something.
    From the tiny picture posted on Cingular's web site of the Chrimson, it looks like a Cingular logo, whereas the Pearl is clearly AT&T. So if the picture is representative of what will be on the actual phone, then it'll be the Cingular Jack Splat.
    Treo 750 (AT&T)
    Treo600->Treo650->Cing8525->Blackberry 8700c->Treo750->AT&T Tilt->Treo750->iPhone 3G
  17.    #17  
    Quote Originally Posted by taylorh View Post
    From the tiny picture posted on Cingular's web site of the Chrimson, it looks like a Cingular logo, whereas the Pearl is clearly AT&T. So if the picture is representative of what will be on the actual phone, then it'll be the Cingular Jack Splat.
    Bummer. The Splat is so ugly...
  18.    #18  
    Just came home from work (couldn't wait), to pick up my Crimson 680 off my doorstep.

First impressions...

-Very sexy, blood-red color. Not the BRIGHT RED I was afraid it might be. The color on the case almost looks "velvet" and textured. Overall, I am very impressed with the appearance. I will experiment and see how "business like" it is the rest of the day. We'll see...

-I like the way the white keys are clearly lit on the Graphite model more than the red keys on the Crimson, where only the letters & punctuation symbols light up on them. I can tell it'll be harder to see at night while driving.

-Stylus and jack-plug are red. Kinda strange...but cool that they match.

-It is Cingular-logo Splatman branded . It's fugly. I would have liked the AT&T blue globe logo better, but oh well...

-I can't wait to set this phone up and apply the cool new wallpaper and skins that are available...they look like they will be awesome.

So far, I'm stoked. We'll see how stability is...and how it is reacted to in my business environment. If most comments are how "casual" it looks...I might have to go Graphite again.