1.    #1  
    I'm looking for something that I could put information in like credit card numbers and such. I've looked at Secret! and while it does the function I think $19 is a little much to spend for basically and encrypted memo pad.

Anyone have any suggestions?
    Bill Harrison
  2. RJT
    www.remain.calm
    Try MultiPass!
    it's free.
    www.blueiceresearch.com
    Have A Good Day!
    I Love My Prism!
  4.    #4  
    Originally posted by akur
    Try MultiPass!
    it's free.
    www.blueiceresearch.com
    Looks pretty interesting but 340+K on the Visor seems like a lot for that function.
    Bill Harrison
    I just had a look at the Multipass site, and it says on the PalmOS page that...

We recommend using version 3.5 and newer of the Palm operating system.
    Anyone tried it on 3.1?
    I've been using STRIP for a while. Does the job and its free.
    I just had a look at the Multipass site, and it says on the PalmOS page that...

quote:
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    We recommend using version 3.5 and newer of the Palm operating system.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Anyone tried it on 3.1?

I currently use it on my Visor Deluxe. It works great!

The 4-bit grayscale folder images don't look too good unless you're running something like NoStreakHack or another program that resets the screen refresh rate.

Anyway, I like it better than Strip.
    There's a LOT of these types of applications. I am still waiting for one with a good Mac to Palm conduit, but that may take forever.

Anyways, here's a short list of ones that I have played with:

Secret
    MultiAccounts (my favorite thus far)
    Strip
    Cryptinfo
    Password Store
    web confidential

There's a bigger list at:

http://www.palmspot.com/software/Utility/Security/

What I've been looking for in these applications are:

1) Interface (it has to be easy to use)

2) Security (is it using encryption? NOTE that some apps, such as ThinkDB add-ons do NOT use encryption)

3) Import/Export capabilities. I find the most secure place to store passwords is printed on paper and put into a safe. But that is just my opinion.

4) A good mac conduit. I have yet to find one.
    We're all naked if you turn us inside out.
    -David Byrne
    In my experience, MobileSAFE, from HandMark is the best. It has a capable Windows program to make edits easy and it's a very complete program. It was called "Mobile Account Manager" by MobileGeneration, but I think that HandMark bought it from them.

Among the things that I like about it is the templates for each type of information stored. For example, if you select "applications" to store shareware registration numbers, it asks you for that data, not a login name or something irrelevant.

I'm not much on the freeform encryption programs like Secret! but a friend of mine likes that program a lot.

- Dave
    "If you don't chase Perfection, you'll never have a chance to catch excellence." - Vince Lombardi