Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I have a 700p on Sprint and did NOT do the Palm update for DST. Everything seems to be ok. My time was an hour ahead this morning all by itself.
    700p on Verizon, didnt do the update either, but my calendar is off. Any appointments I had put in there prior to today are scheduled for an hour earlier. Other than that, no changes.
    Global Posts
    49 Global Posts
    I did not update, as I was waiting to see what my office did as I hotsync in the office.

I never looked at the time on my 700p-sprint until I read your post and lo and behold, mine also showed the correct time.
    If you have Network Time Enabled -- your Treos should have shown the correct time this morning . . . . . even without the update.
    Global Posts
    319 Global Posts
    what update? what timezone is DST?
    If I could know then, what I know now.
    DST Stands for Daylight Savings Time

Update:
    http://www.palm.com/us/support/downloads/dst.html
    One of the reason why I live in Arizona is so we can mock the rest of the USA along with hawaii for this ridiculous changing of the clocks.
    I did palm's DST update and when I woke up this morning, my Treo was 2 hours ahead instead of one!
    Global Posts
    319 Global Posts
    sorry perry I was teasing. this update is as big as BT... did you know 700p has BT issues. yeah I was stunned too.
    If I could know then, what I know now.
    Quote Originally Posted by e2chris View Post
    sorry perry I was teasing. this update is as big as BT... did you know 700p has BT issues. yeah I was stunned too.
    Got me. Hook, line, and sinker.
    i didnt do the update. everything is fine for me.
    I installed it just for kicks; here in Hawaii we do not play with DST. Ben
    I installed it & everything seems to be better now. Blazer is faster and the white screen lag time is nearly gone! I can't wait to try Bluetooth out. First I have to figure out where I stored the headset eight months ago when I gave up on it.
    ROOTING for WebOS makes me more sympathetic to Cubs fans.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob-C View Post
    I installed it & everything seems to be better now. Blazer is faster and the white screen lag time is nearly gone! I can't wait to try Bluetooth out. First I have to figure out where I stored the headset eight months ago when I gave up on it.

Hi Bob!

Not to be a stick in the mud -- but, as far as I know, all the DST update did for the Treo is "mass" update the start and end dates for Daylight Savings Time for all the cities in the time data base. . . . . . . not sure why it is giving you these other benefits. . . . . but, hey, if these benefits last . . .great!

Cheers, Perry.
    Uhm, Perry? I think Bob-C was looking for someone to take the bait just like e2chris was.
    Quote Originally Posted by MartinTek View Post
    Uhm, Perry? I think Bob-C was looking for someone to take the bait just like e2chris was.
    Lord, I need to adjust my sarcasm sensitivity program . . . the current setting is way too forgiving right now. . . .

(Sorry Bob.)
    Last edited by gtwo; 03/12/2007 at 11:42 AM.
    But you did give me my morning laugh, Perry! I attributed it to a lack of morning coffee.
    I didn't update mine. So far, my time is correct, after doing a Soft Reset on DST Sunday. As for my calendar events...

They're fine now, but, I guess when DST is supposed to start, they're an hour later. I haven't synced yet,since I've been crazy sick and didn't feel like getting out my MacBook, but, I'm hoping that will fix all of that.

Now, I wonder why I haven't heard anyone complaining about the government changing this stuff on us and what benefit it actually has. It sure has me irked. Personally, I don't see much of a benefit, except for the government, as a reminder that it has it's hand in every cookie jar.
    At the risk of being laughed out of here -- I can buy into the theory that people are going to turn their lights on and use energy in the morning hours no matter what . . . . but an hour of "extra" daylight could delay and lessen energy consumption in the evening, as it stays light later.

Besides -- I do enjoy the extra hour to "play" outside in the evening. (Now that I do not have to explain to a 3 year old why she has to go to bed, even if it is still light out. . . )

During the summer in Michigan with DST (on the western edge of the Eastern time zone) twilight can extend to 10:30 to 11:00pm. . . . .
    Last edited by gtwo; 03/12/2007 at 01:15 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Perry Holden View Post
    . . . . but an hour of "extra" daylight could delay and lessen energy consumption in the evening, as it stays light later.
    Not my wife! She turns on lights when entering a room purely out of habit. Drives me nuts.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast