1.    #1  
    Just a little pat on the back to Palm...

I had been trying to find a really good leather, horizontal position, belt-clip mounted case/pouch for my 680 like I have had for all my previous mobile phones, but couldn't find one that really fit...and had a good build-quality. I tried a couple from Cingular...and returned both. Then, I went to my local wireless phone shop...and found this case...

http://store.palm.com/product/index....entPage=family

Really a ruggedly built, and high-quality case that fits the phone perfectly. It is lined with a khaki-colored material that protects the phone, and has a strong belt clip to avoid getting knocked off. I am in the car business, and get in and out of cars all day...and this case is totally comfortable and easy to wear. It fits the 650 & 700 also, so it is a little more "roomy" than I would have liked since the 680 is slimmer and sexier than those other models...but it makes it easy to gain access to and replace the phone. If it fit more snugly, it wouldn't be so easy. It also has a little pocket to hold memory cards and the like. And the case is made of a good-quality leather...and far more sturdy (so far...) than the el cheapo cases that are all over eBay and the like. I think it'll hold up well in day-to-day use.

I guess I just am really pleased with the product from Palm, and thought I would give it a mini-review! Well worth the price.
    Added benefit your Treo still fits with the Seidio 2400 Extended battery installed.
    PalmIII > PalmIIIx > PalmIIIxe > TRGPro > Handera 330 > Zire71 > Treo600 > Treo650 > Treo680 > Treo750 > Centro > TreoPro > iPhone 32GB 3GS

3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by jamesgangut View Post
    Added benefit your Treo still fits with the Seidio 2400 Extended battery installed.
    Really? That is cool. I was also thinking that the extra space would allow me to run Seidio's rubberized casing on the phone without it being too tight a squeeze. Good news!!
    I bought this case for my 650 and then tried it with my 680 and had to put in about 20 of my business cards to keep it snug. Without them it would bounce around inside the case. Obviously my 750 fits the same way. Sounds like the newer version of this case may be a tighter fit.
  5.    #5  
    Is there a newer version that is 680-specific? The package says nothing about the 680, only the 650 & 700...so there may be, and I got the old style.

Having things a little more snug wouldn't hurt...
    I really like the case and would like it to fit tighter. Did you recently get this case from Palm?
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by gadgetjunkies View Post
    I really like the case and would like it to fit tighter. Did you recently get this case from Palm?
    No, I picked it up today at the mobile phone store in my local mall. I checked on the Palm.com site, and it's the same one on there. It's model #3256WW, and it lists basically all the Treo models as being compatible with. So, I guess this is the only one available. It's OK though, I like it a lot overall...a little oversized or not.

My store also had the polycarbonate belt-clip hard case also on the Palm site, and although it was very cool looking...it was a huge hassle to get open. I didn't like it at all.
    Quote Originally Posted by gadgetjunkies View Post
    I echo the comments regarding how loose this case is for the 680. Not only does the phone rattle around in the case but it also makes the case bulky and obtrusive rather than slick and sexy like the phone itself.

just my 2 cents.

my 3256WW is collecting dust on the shelf. Wanna buy it? cheap. $15
    History of devices: Palm III-->Sony Clie T665c-->Palm E2-->Palm TX-->
    Current device Treo 680, since 01/01/07, T-MOBILE.

Loving my PDA + medical software & phone all-in-one! Have wanted a Treo smartphone since Handspring's 1st model, Treo 90, many years ago. <P>
    <BR>Love this show<P>