1.    #1  
    I could have sworn that I saw an update for Palm that enables VersaMail to have true push email capability. I've searched Palm's site and also treocentral and all I found was info regarding an Active Sync update.

Does anyone know about this update for VersaMail?

Thanks.
    Global Posts
    340 Global Posts
    http://www.palm.com/us/support/downl...treo700psprint

It 's the one called "Exchange Active Sync Update" dated 1/29/07
    Late '08 MacBook Pro, 2.53 GHz, 8 GB RAM, 500 GB HD 7200; Mid 2011 MacBook Air 11" 1.6GHz, 4 GB RAM, 128 GB SSD; 32GB iPhone 4; 32GB WiFi iPad 2 (White); Apple TV; Nikon D300; AND (Hopefully) a 16GB HP Touchpad from the fire sale! TWITTER: @RobT43
  3.    #3  
    Oh, ok, so then this is only for Exchange servers. I thought though this was an update for IMAP servers too. Oh well... someday maybe. Looks like I'd need Chatteremail or something like that.
    Global Posts
    319 Global Posts
    I so don't get why a manual check isn't good enough every half hour. is it really that crucial if you don't see a email for ten minutes? if its that 'crucial' wouldn't they call you?
    If I could know then, what I know now.
    Quote Originally Posted by e2chris View Post
    I so don't get why a manual check isn't good enough every half hour. is it really that crucial if you don't see a email for ten minutes? if its that 'crucial' wouldn't they call you?
    Can you inform 15 mobile people at once of impending doom at your manufacturing plant with a single phone call?
  6.    #6  
    You have a good point, and it made me laugh. I agree with you that it's not crucial, but depending on the email account you have set up it may be. Because of this, I use the Gmail App and GoodLink for more important personal and work emails. These apps both use the push technology.

My versamail accounts setup in my treo are not important emails. So it's not imperative that I have push for these accounts.

I think it's more along the lines of "unusual" to have to click get and wait for mails to download. When I open the inbox, I'd like to see the mails. Maybe unusual isn't the best word. Regardless, push is a just a nice feature to have. It's so nice that companies have been suing each other for years because of it.
    Global Posts
    319 Global Posts
    areyouwishing: I could send a group SMS msg. I would also think if you are that important... (i am also) they make you carry a pager for a conference call being setup. I take it your a manager type. I call them babysitters. I am more the fix it type. Screw the polotics and think outside the box.
    Global Posts
    319 Global Posts
    chymo: I admit... I hate email and my employers know this also. Its easier to find me on IM/SMS/Call or even wall/net send to a server. I get to much crap email to even care about it. John Doe joined the company, Jane got promoted yada, yada, yada.... I use chatter and have it manually check every hour automatically. I then don't look at it until I take a smoke break.
    e2chris...

I so don't get it either. Why would you want to fill your lungs up with with cigarette smoke on breaks?!? Smoking will eventually cause you a nasty death from cancer. You also pay $7/pack, 365 days out of the year to bring it to fruition?!? If not $7 in your area yet, it will be soon and you know you will fork it over. Why not just pay $5 and get someone to shoot you dead with a gun and save some money? You'll also save cash on that operation where they put that little hole in your throat a couple of years before death so you can keep smoking.

If it is any comfort, there is some low life cigarette executive out there who is getting stinking rich off your expensive habit of paying for a slow agonizing death....

Right now he is reading an email via push technology and thanks you.

Think outside the box.
    ROOTING for WebOS makes me more sympathetic to Cubs fans.
    areyouwishing: I could send a group SMS msg. I would also think if you are that important... (i am also) they make you carry a pager for a conference call being setup. I take it your a manager type. I call them babysitters. I am more the fix it type. Screw the polotics and think outside the box.
    Yup, definitely the manager type... at 25 years old no less. I couldn't possibly find the 160 character limit too... limiting. I couldn't possibly need the reply all feature. Let alone want my communication automatically documented and backed up on a server for when my phone resets. Yup, I must be a babysitter... not a "fix it type"

I am terribly sorry you have lots of "crap email" that you don't care about. I personally care when people get promoted, I care when we are hiring someone and want to make them feel welcome. Im sorry you find that information to be crap. It's call on-boarding, and helps to keep our turnover low... look it up.

Im sorry you feel as though I am in a box, and for using all facets of the technology that has been bestowed upon me... to be as available as possible to the company that writes me a check every 2 weeks.

Good luck with your crap email about people moving up in the company and providing for their families a little bit easier... screw all that stuff, just get it fixed.... but only after that conference call is set up and you were paged
    Global Posts
    319 Global Posts
    oh goodness its bobby. Personal attacks eh? I see nothing from you about the actual facts at hand. Just like the lame document you wrote. I didn't sign btw. I laugh when ppl think the update coming is a result of that lame effort.

Bring it little man.
    Personal attack?????? Don't be dopey. I don't even know you. Why would I do that? I was making a point and you missed it. My point was that I listen to people all the time try to beat down something that others like or value. To try to belittle those people by dismissing their point of view.

In this instance, someone was stating that they want push down email and wanted to know if it was available yet and if so, how to get it. Then you came along and felt the need to express your opinion that you think it is stupid, so that means it is worthless, and these people are therefore stupid as well.

What was the point of writing that post? I didn't read anyone asking for opinions on their wanting push down email. Certainly not yours. So why did you feel the need to write a post to kick this guy in the groin?

I noticed your smoking preference and decided to do the samething. I think smoking is stupid, that means it is worthless, and therefore you are stupid. You weren't asking my opinion on smoking but I just decided to write a post to kick you in the groin. The big difference is that I only did it to show you how you came off. Now it's got you all worked up that I am making a personal attack on you.

I guess that dropping your opinion on someone to beat them down is only okay when you're not on the other end of it. Like one of those people on Survivor or Big Brother who screw people over the whole game and think it's okay. They say it's nothing personal and just part of the game. That the person voted off should hold no grudge. Then when they get turned on and voted out themselves, it's completely different. Now those people are nothing but lying scumbags. They have no honor whatsoever and will hate them for all time. Yeah, it's different when you are on the other side.
    Last edited by Bob-C; 03/12/2007 at 05:11 PM.
    ROOTING for WebOS makes me more sympathetic to Cubs fans.
    Whoo-boy, you know what just happened, e2chris? You just got knocked the fugg out, e-style.
    Global Posts
    277 Global Posts
    'judge not lest ye be judged'

driving in a car will kill you
    flying in a plane will kill you
    only 11 foods don't have cancer causing agents

get off of your horse

back on topic:
    I bet versa has push soon as marc will add it, i hope
    Sprint 700p
    Quote Originally Posted by JayL View Post
    I bet versa has push soon as marc will add it, i hope
    It's already out.....
    Does any one know how's VM handle deleting messages on the treo using MSExch active sync. I thought there is a way to have it delete the message on the exchange server just like it does with POP/IMPA. For the life of me, I could not find a setting anywhere to have it do that?
    What am I missing?
    I don't have a 700p (I have a 650), but I do have Versamail 3.5 and whenever I go to delete a message, it just asks me if I want to delete the copy on the server also (it has a box that is checked by default, which you can uncheck if you want). I don't think I've seen a setting anywhere else for this.
    In the exchange account, go to Preferences/Deletion. Deselect 'Confirm Deletion' to get rid of the nag screen and check 'Auto-Empty mail from Trash' then select 'Immediately'.

Trashed items will be immediately removed from the server as deleted on your Treo.
    PIII,PIIIx,V,Vx,M505,M515,TT,T3,650,700p=>>iPhone
    There's more to life than technology....but not a whole lot more
    Global Posts
    215 Global Posts
    Hello...for those of you with a 700P and using the versamail account to connect to a microsoft exchange server, are you also having problems syncing your calendar and contacts to your computer after setting it up? I set up the microsoft exchange server for versamail and everything went well until I attempted to sync to my computer. It would sync everything except my calendar and contacts...even after changing the custom set up to sync. It also somehow keeps changing my set up on the computer from synchronize sync to not syncing at all? If anyone can help me with this that would be greatly appreciated.

thanks
    You can ONLY sync calendar and contacts over the air if you are set up for the Exchange server. Go to the Versamail Exchange account, select "sync all" under options, and it will sync over the air. Syncing through the cradle only syncs memos and media, along with apps. Good luck and hope you don't get any duplicate results.....