1.    #1  
    I just noticed a problem in typing to select companies in Contacts: for example, I have a contact named "The Movie Store." It's definitely in my contacts, but I seem to be unable to type to select it: "T," "M" or "T," "M," "S" do nothing. If I remove the "The," I can start typing the letters for "movie."

I have another contact labeled "Vulcan Video," but typing "VV" produces nothing.

So is typing to select for companies completely different from typing to select for individuals? Is searching performed only on the first word?
    Global Posts
    325 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by odysseus View Post
    I just noticed a problem in typing to select companies in Contacts: for example, I have a contact named "The Movie Store." It's definitely in my contacts, but I seem to be unable to type to select it: "T," "M" or "T," "M," "S" do nothing. If I remove the "The," I can start typing the letters for "movie."

I have another contact labeled "Vulcan Video," but typing "VV" produces nothing.

So is typing to select for companies completely different from typing to select for individuals? Is searching performed only on the first word?
    I just tried this. The built in Contacts searches only NAMES. Agendus and Phone Magic search also Companies. BTW Phone Magic is very good. www.phonemagic.com/

John
    If I am in Contacts and start typing in letters, my 700P starts offering both names and businesses . . . . . . . .

Try "Th" for The . . . .

Try "Vul" for Vulcan . . . .

I did try the two initials thing on a business -- that seems to only work for names of people for me, as well.
    Last edited by gtwo; 03/12/2007 at 05:51 AM.
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by Brjlk View Post
    I just tried this. The built in Contacts searches only NAMES. Agendus and Phone Magic search also Companies. BTW Phone Magic is very good. www.phonemagic.com/
    TAKEPhOne seems excellent as well
    Initiate will also let you do this right in the launcher

Joe Schmoe who works at Google
    you can type
    Jshm
    or
    GgJoe
    or
    GgJS

(capitalisation only there to help make it clear)
    Hobbyist Software
    VLC Remote - Control VLC from your Pre
    Remote - Control iTunes from your Pre