Global Posts
    4 Global Posts
    Hi, I 'm trying to customize my ROM with smaller partition and was reading the below thread abt changing a partition size via an SD updater
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...&postcount=323

One thing I can't understand from the many ROM customisation threads is how to get the following files from Treo_650_Updater_1_20_APR.exe:

ace-htc-tpl.zip
    ace-htc-tpl.zip.md5
    ace-ipl-cvt1
    ace-ipl-cvt1.md5
    ace-ipl-cvt2
    ace-ipl-cvt2.md5
    ace-ipl-dvt
    ace-ipl-dvt.md5
    ace-ipl-evt
    ace-ipl-evt.md5
    ace-palmos-tpl.zip
    ace-palmos-tpl.zip.md5
    ace-spl
    ace-spl.md5
    You need to have the java environment loaded, then copy out the Treo Updater folder from you Palm(one) directory to another location. Extract the t3.jar file from the archive in the post you listed above to the location you copied the Treo Updater. double click the T3.jar it will create the files.
    PalmIII > PalmIIIx > PalmIIIxe > TRGPro > Handera 330 > Zire71 > Treo600 > Treo650 > Treo680 > Treo750 > Centro > TreoPro > iPhone 32GB 3GS

Global Posts
    4 Global Posts
    Hi, James. Thanks for replying.
    I must be missing something really dumb but here goes:
    I do not have a "Treo Updater" folder in my palmone directory. My phone is already on 1.20 APR so I did not go through the procedure of running the treo update exe file. Do I need to go through that procedure to make a "Treo Updater" folder appear?
    Yes you need to download the updater. Then run it, don't do the hotsync but at that point goto your palm(one) dir copy the treo updater directory. Then you can cancel the updater, it will remove the treo updater from the palm(one) dir.
    PalmIII > PalmIIIx > PalmIIIxe > TRGPro > Handera 330 > Zire71 > Treo600 > Treo650 > Treo680 > Treo750 > Centro > TreoPro > iPhone 32GB 3GS

Global Posts
    4 Global Posts
    Hi, James.

I was hesitant to do it at first after reading some other users "bricked' their Treo but in the end, I still went ahead with my itchy fingers.
    It was a great success. Thank you so much for your advice.