1.    #1  
    I just bought the seidio extended battery for my 700w .. 2400 mAH ... I havnt notice a reall dramatic change.. does it take time of charging and breaking it in.. to actually see some results??
    Samsung i700 >> Treo 600 >> Treo 650 >> Motorola Q >> Treo 700w >> Treo 700wx >> Sidekick 3 >> Sidekick iD >> Treo 750
    I noticed an improvement immediately. Can't tell if any additional improvement since them.
    FYI: I didn't do the run down to 10% 3-5 times initially as some have suggested. I did that w/the original battery & got poor performance that I decided against it this time.
    We'll see.
    Good Luck
    iPhone 4S
    Former Treo & Storm Owner
    Cigar Lover
    Global Posts
    12 Global Posts
    I used the Seidio extended batteries for both my 680 and my Blackberry. In both cases, I noticed that, once fully charged, there was an immediate increase in batt. life.
    If you dont notice a difference, then perhaps cycle the battery: let it run down, then fully charge a few times, and life should improve.
    It's not likely that the battery is defective, Seidion makes quality products. So cycling it should make it better.
    I disagree with the previous posters. I believe its all psychological. I think we are told that the battery supposedly "lasts longer", so we convince ourselves to believe it. I received my battery in December. I too wanted to believe that it provided a longer charge, so I told myself it did. Last month I went into the Sprint store because I was having a problem with my other treo 650. Long story short the guy replaced my 650 with a brand new one. Being that I was already skeptical about the potency of the extended battery, I decided to conduct a little test. I hard reset and wiped both Treos clean. Set up my versamail accounts to poll at the same time, and left both Treos on my desk, without bothering either. Even told everyone I know the day before to call me on my third line, just to be sure neither phone is used more than the other. Little to no surprise to me, at the end of the day(about 7:30), the new 650 with the standard PALM battery retained a charge of 97%, while the Seidio so called "extended battery" showed at a mere 82%. Now even considering, the Seidio battery is 2 months older, I mean come on. Shouldnt the so-called "extra capacity" balance that out a little better than this?

I believe we're all being subliminally duped into believing that this battery is better than it actually is.
    Global Posts
    168 Global Posts
    In my experience, the Seidio batteries (I have a 2200 and 2400 mAh.) seem to drop quicker at the beginning, but dig in later. I ran tests with batterytime using a spare Treo 650. I compared the two Seidio batteries (6 and 7 months old) against 4 OEM batteries ranging from new to 2 years old. The Seidio batteries lasted 23% and 30% longer than the oldest (2 years old) OEM battery, and 7% (actially 6.9% and 7.1%) and 13% (12.9% and 13.1%) longer than the two new batteries.
    Last edited by qwalls; 03/19/2007 at 10:27 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by qwalls View Post
    In my experience, the Seidio batteries (I have a 2200 and 2400 mAh.) seem to drop quicker at the beginning, but dig in later. I ran tests with batterytime using a spare Treo 650. I compered the two Seidio batteries (6 and 7 months old) against 4 OEM batteries ranging from new to 2 years old. The Seidio batteries lasted 23% and 30% longer than the oldest (2 years old) OEM battery, and 7% (actially 6.9% and 7.1%) and 13% (12.9% and 13.1%) longer than the two new batteries.
    Now that would explain a lot, because I have spare chargers everywhere and I rarely ever let my battery drop below 60%. But the decrease in the beginning is still insanely quick.
    Quote Originally Posted by thomasanderson View Post
    I disagree with the previous posters. I believe its all psychological.
    I believe we're all being subliminally duped into believing that this battery is better than it actually is.

Nope, as an ex electronic airplane flyer, I can tell you that the mah differences are there- even from 800 to 1200, we do see differences. It's how you prepare the batteries, the charge, the discharge, temps, etc- and it is ALSO possible you got a "bad" battery-

If you had a miniumn of THREE different batteries and then averaged that out, its a much better data gathering process. To base your decision on ONE battery is your call to make.
    I got my 2400 2 days ago. I charged it up overnight, and put it in my 700wx on Friday morning. I have my treo set up to sync every 30 minutes from 0600 to 1800, then every hour. I do alot of texting, and probably talk for avg of 75-100 minutes per day. I had to charge my original battery at least every 24 hours. I woke up this morning, and my 2400 was only down to 61%.
    Maybe some folks just got some bad batteries or something. I know that waking up, and instead of having to charge it having 61% life still in it isn't "psychological" like has been posted here.
    I must agree with bgeyer. I just got a 2400mAh battery from Seidio day before yesterday, with yesterday being my first full day on the initial charge. At the end of my business day, where I would normally have only 20% or so charge left at the very best with the standard 1200mAh battery...I was at 73% with the 2400. I have done no full-drain/full-charge meter calibration yet...although that is next on my agenda...and I am sure that with a couple of those routines the battery will be "conditioned" correctly and I can expect even better life out of it. That was certainly my experience with the standard 1200mAh battery.

So far, I think it's a great product...although I still am not too crazy about the added "hump" that the custom battery door and (in my case) rubberized slim case have to accomodate the larger battery. But...performance-wise it is doing what Seidio says it will so far, and without some of the weird phone performance glitches that some reportedly have had. I'm glad of that...

I hope my experience continues to be a favorable one...
    Crimson Treo 680 (given up for adoption)
    BlackBerry 9000 Bold - Main
    Palm Centro - Secondary