1.    #1  
    I purchased a Jabra BT800 today and I think I am experiencing the elusive Bluetooth issues everyone says Palm is famous for..

I paired the headset fine with my 700p BUT the headset does not ring as it is supposed to convert the ringer from my handset to the ear piece, it will vibrate but no ringer. I have put the settings to use the ringer "from phone" but still nothing...

Also, the caller id is not working properly...when someone calls it displays the number of the LAST person who called me, not the current caller.....I have tried all the settings and cant seem to correct either of these problems

So, my questions are:

is this an issue with the handset or ear piece and can it be corrected?

If I cant fix it, I am going to have to return the headset so ANY and ALL help is GREATLY appreciated. TIA

ps- I posted this in the bluetooth area as well and recieved many views of my thread but no feed back. Im hoping someone can help me as I need to return the headset if it wont work correctly.
    Quote Originally Posted by cathartic8881 View Post
    I purchased a Jabra BT800 today and I think I am experiencing the elusive Bluetooth issues everyone says Palm is famous for..

I paired the headset fine with my 700p BUT the headset does not ring as it is supposed to convert the ringer from my handset to the ear piece, it will vibrate but no ringer. I have put the settings to use the ringer "from phone" but still nothing...

Also, the caller id is not working properly...when someone calls it displays the number of the LAST person who called me, not the current caller.....I have tried all the settings and cant seem to correct either of these problems

So, my questions are:

is this an issue with the handset or ear piece and can it be corrected?

If I cant fix it, I am going to have to return the headset so ANY and ALL help is GREATLY appreciated. TIA

ps- I posted this in the bluetooth area as well and recieved many views of my thread but no feed back. Im hoping someone can help me as I need to return the headset if it wont work correctly.

Clarification please.
    Are you saying your BT is vibrating when you receive a call but not ringing?
    I don't have an 800, I have a 500. It doesn't transfer the actual ringer from the phone it just has tones in my ear. If your headset is vibrating, it seems to me that it is working correctly, and you have it set to vibrate not tone.

I can't help with the caller ID problem.

Now I see that the 800 is supposed to transfer the actual ringtone from the headset, that's pretty cool if it works.

I also see that the 800 has a software upgrade available.

http://www.jabra.com/JabraCMS/NA/EN/...800/JabraBT800
    Last edited by pool_shark; 03/11/2007 at 09:36 AM.
  3.    #3  
    ^^thanks for trying to help.

I already went to the Jabra site a did the software upgrade and no difference. I guess Im going to have to return it....
    Try removing the pair...then re-pair...then soft reset your 700p. My JX-10 had initial BT issues w/ my 700p until doing the above. Since then, it's been flawless.
  5.    #5  
    is removing the pair different from just turning the BT feature on and off? If so, how would I go about doing it? Thanks for the help!!!!
    No...go to the Bluetooth setup screen on your 700p.
    Tap the "Setup Devices" button.
    Tap the "Trusted Devices" button.
    Tap the Jabra BT device and tap the "Details..." button.
    Tap the "Delete Device" button.
    To be on the safe side, soft reset your 700p.
    Re-pair your Jabra with the 700p.
    Then soft reset your 700p again.
    Done.
  7.    #7  
    Tried it all...none of it worked. Keeps showing the number of the prior caller on the ID and the ringers still dont work....I guess I gotta return the headset
    sucks cause it would be so cool if it worked
    showing the id of the previous caller is a TREO problem. some car HF devices have the same issue. I cannot speak about the ringer.
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by bling300c View Post
    showing the id of the previous caller is a TREO problem. some car HF devices have the same issue. I cannot speak about the ringer.
    yea I assumed it was the handset causing the problems. None the less,
    I returned the headset and got my 70 bucks back. Guess I will just continue to use my Jabre BT250...even though the sound quality sucks
    Have you tried the Jabra JX-10? This is what I use...sound quality's great, it's comfortable...and it works great with my 700p.
    I had the jx-10 and it could'nt hold a pair or it would show it was pair but i could'nt speak or hear other people on the headset.
    I'm StayFly, its not just a name its a lifestyle, so get some style in your life
    Hmm...my experience is the opposite...flawless usage so far.
    I just bought a BT800 for my 700p and it works fine as well... got it for 49.99, at Staples of all places... I figure it must have been a pricing mistake.

As a last resort, try hard-resetting the BT800... hold the End key as you press the small reset button... maybe that'll knock some sense into it?

Or,
    Delete ALL the pairings from the BT800 through the menu and start over, I think mine showed two pairings for the Treo for whatever reason, if I deleted one it wouldn't work right. But I can't confirm that for you right now... it's past 3am.

Hope it works out...
    yep.. I have the same problem of the ring tone not being transferred, and the previous number showing up in the caller ID. This is definitely a Treo problem. I am hoping that the new firmware will solve these issues...
    The Motorola HT820 works fine with the 700P. You might try it before giving up on a stereo headset. Only caution is using it with Pocket Tunes, Softick Audio Gateway (SAG), and Rhapsody 2 Go. You can stream radio channels via PTunes to the headset, but not music from Rhapsody 2 Go unless you actually purchase each music file.