1.    #1  
    I had a perfect treo700p no problems at all, it got wet and I got a warranty replacement (2 days ago) and it was a brand new 700p in the package all sealed up, I checked the menu on the phone it said it was not a referb, the build quality seemed to be better than my last treo. Day 1 activated it phone crashed right away with nothing on it at all literally 5 mins out of the box. I made sure everything was working good then synced it with my computer and everything transfered fine. Phone worked great all day. Next day 3 in the afternoon I didnt have any messages or calls (3000+ texts a month its odd no one texted me or tried to call me). So I sent out a few texts and no response, I made a phone call to one of my buddies and hes said "I have been trying to call and text you but you dont answer" during the phone call about 15 texts came along with new voicemail. Long story short I figured my phone can only send texts and make phone calls but can not receive texts or calls unless I call a number... So I have dealt with 3 sprint techs over the phone 1st one I got disconnected and had to call back, 2nd lady did the usual reset then hard reset got disconnected again. 3rd guy told him I have done everything he calls some higher up and takes my phone off the network and puts it back on and told me give it 2 hours and it should be fine... Anyways its been 4 hours I still have the same problem... Does this sound like a network problem or just a bad receiver in the treo? I mean everything else works great it just wont receive anything unless I am on a call.
    Global Posts
    442 Global Posts
    Easy solution, call tech support (again) and use the magic words..."Get me a supervisor, I am an irate customer". Demand a new phone and you will get it. If the first person asks the problem, don't waste your time, just repeat the magic words. You will have a new phone and your problem fixed in no time.
    Global Posts
    417 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AndrewAz View Post
    I had a perfect treo700p no problems at all, it got wet and I got a warranty replacement (2 days ago) and it was a brand new 700p in the package all sealed up, I checked the menu on the phone it said it was not a referb, the build quality seemed to be better than my last treo. Day 1 activated it phone crashed right away with nothing on it at all literally 5 mins out of the box. I made sure everything was working good then synced it with my computer and everything transfered fine. Phone worked great all day. Next day 3 in the afternoon I didnt have any messages or calls (3000+ texts a month its odd no one texted me or tried to call me). So I sent out a few texts and no response, I made a phone call to one of my buddies and hes said "I have been trying to call and text you but you dont answer" during the phone call about 15 texts came along with new voicemail. Long story short I figured my phone can only send texts and make phone calls but can not receive texts or calls unless I call a number... So I have dealt with 3 sprint techs over the phone 1st one I got disconnected and had to call back, 2nd lady did the usual reset then hard reset got disconnected again. 3rd guy told him I have done everything he calls some higher up and takes my phone off the network and puts it back on and told me give it 2 hours and it should be fine... Anyways its been 4 hours I still have the same problem... Does this sound like a network problem or just a bad receiver in the treo? I mean everything else works great it just wont receive anything unless I am on a call.
    Perhaps it's your obviously magnetic personality...

SMEGGIE
    Yer pal,

SMEGGIE

A bigger Treo fan than I'll admit.
  4.    #4  
    Well I got a nice tech today she helped me out and we went over everything again and spent an hour trying to get it to work. Then she activated my old treo 700p that was water logged and it worked fine, so she determined something was wrong in the hardware of the new treo700p and called the insurance and my new 700p should arrive in 1-2 days.