1. sf1
    Well it charges but I can't listen to music with it.

previously with my treo 650 and innodock cradle I was able to impedance match so that it can play music to the external speakers, by adding a pair of 1k ohm resistors to the L and R to ground (thanks to the tutorial from treotricks) I can measure the voltage coming out of the audio jack to be about 3 volts from L or R to ground.

Recently I have switched to Treo 680 and I can't hear anything no matter what value of resistors I pick I am not getting any sound from my external speaker. So I measure the voltage and found out that it is at zero volt at all times.

So my question is, did I get a defect treo 680 or is the treo 680 schmatic a little different than 650?

thanks in advance.
    Last edited by sf1; 03/10/2007 at 10:51 PM.
  2. sf1
    anyone?
    Global Posts
    57 Global Posts
    I recently went to the Seidio website and asked a question about whether their docks were compatible with the 680 (as you may know, not all of the Palm charging docks are compatible). I can't locate the email response they sent, but I seem to recall them saying the model I have worked fine for charging the 680 but the audio is not compatible.
    Oh no.. not another SEIDIO problem...

As I posted on another thread, I've been having problems with the SEIDIO extended battery for my Treo 680, which I bought about 1 month back. In that same order, I purchased 2 Innodock cradles, mainly because of the stereo-out plug, as I have been planning to buy a set of speakers to place on my work desk. I have not yet done so, and so was not, until now, aware that there might be problems with the stereo-out on the cradle. Can anyone else confirm this issue?

T
    Quote Originally Posted by Tenosce View Post
    Oh no.. not another SEIDIO problem...

As I posted on another thread, I've been having problems with the SEIDIO extended battery for my Treo 680, which I bought about 1 month back. In that same order, I purchased 2 Innodock cradles, mainly because of the stereo-out plug, as I have been planning to buy a set of speakers to place on my work desk. I have not yet done so, and so was not, until now, aware that there might be problems with the stereo-out on the cradle. Can anyone else confirm this issue?

T
    I can confirm problems with the Innodock Cradle for 700p. I am using a 680 in it.

The first one didnt sync at all so I paid shipping to return it and have a second one sent.

The second one Sync's most of the time but the stereo jack gets static most of the time and if I move the 680 back and for on the swivel docking piece I can get it to go away for a few songs, then it comes back.

While siedio designs seem to be good the quality behind the Innodock is weak.
  6. sf1
    tried a few different treo 680 all of them can not play music with the seidio innodock audio out.

the audio pinout must be different somehow...
    i doubt that buying the "audio coupler" will help since there's no voltage coming out at all.

if anyone find a way to resolder the cradle to make it work on 680 please let me know.