Global Posts
    17 Global Posts
    I just purchased a new 2007 toyota tundra with bluetooth capability. At first the treo 700p connected with the toyota bluetooth. It was great. After a week or so, the treo won't connect with the toyota. On the Palm website, it states that the treo is not compatible with the toyota. Has anybody found a work around for this problem? I am very dissapointed.
    Global Posts
    341 Global Posts
    I suggest unpairing and trying again. I have a new Toyota Camry Hybrid, and it pairs beautifully with the Treo 700p (Sprint).
    I also purchased a 2007 Tundra. I have tried to use the bluetooth capability with a 700wx for Sprint, but the phone won't pair.

I was able to pair the car with a motorola phone with no problem, but can't find a workaround for the palm.

Anyone know of a workaround?
    I would suggest you delete the handsfree profile from the 700p trusted list, then do a soft rest (either with the stylus or removing the battery - wait about a minute and replace). Once completed, turn on the bluetooth on the 700p and re-pair the car handsfree device with the Treo.

IMPORTANT: ** ALWAYS LEAVE THE BLUETOOTH RADIO IN YOUR TREO TURNED ON **. Also selecting visible on the bluetooth profile of the 700p may help maintain stability.

Despite this, please be aware there is a fault on the bluetooth implementation that has afected the functionality and reliability on a number of units. Palm anticipates releasing a major firmware update by the end of next month addressing this and other issues on the Treo 700p.

Hope this helps.
    Last edited by TreoNewt; 04/21/2007 at 01:46 AM.
    Have a great one...Doc D.

Phillips VELO > Palm III > Palm V > Palm 505m > Treo 180 > Treo 300 > Samsung i500 > Treo 700p > HTC 6800 > Treo 800w > Treo Pro > Palm Pre > HTC Evo
    What version of Bluetooth is on the 700p?
    Quote Originally Posted by Christinac130 View Post
    What version of Bluetooth is on the 700p?
    On the 700p v1.2 if memory serves.

I understand you have a 680, does it has similar bluetooth problems too (i.e. random unpairing, failure to transfer calls to headset when connected, occasional crashes with call-waiting, etc.)? Just curious.
    Last edited by TreoNewt; 04/21/2007 at 11:14 AM.

Phillips VELO > Palm III > Palm V > Palm 505m > Treo 180 > Treo 300 > Samsung i500 > Treo 700p > HTC 6800 > Treo 800w > Treo Pro > Palm Pre > HTC Evo
    Quote Originally Posted by TreoNewt View Post
    On the 700p v1.2 if memory serves.

I understand you have a 680, does it has similar bluetooth problems too (i.e. random unpairing, failure to transfer calls to headset when connected, occasional crashes with call-waiting, etc.)? Just curious.
    No, it's actually a new 680 trying to pair with a 2007 Camry Hybrid. The 680 is showing it's paired, but the car isn't. I wondered if the 700p had a different BT version since delao13 was able to pair with the same type of car. If they will ever pair, I hope it doesn't result it the "failure to transfer calls and occasional crashes with call-waiting" problems, but right now I'd just be happy if it would work at all...
    Amen to that. Good luck.

but right now I'd just be happy if it would work at all...
    Me too. I could probably live with a few crashes. My old phone would randomly disconnect from the car occasionally. Not being able to pair at all is really driving me crazy.
    StFunny...like your Avatar, very cool pic!

Quote Originally Posted by StFunny View Post
    Me too. I could probably live with a few crashes. My old phone would randomly disconnect from the car occasionally. Not being able to pair at all is really driving me crazy.
    What do you mean "Me too"?? I was referring to YOUR car! You know I could care less if your mutant car can't handle today's advancing technology...

BTW...Tell B to stop rippin' on the Treo, he's just jealous cause it's too much phone for him
    Quote Originally Posted by TreoNewt View Post
    StFunny...like your Avatar, very cool pic!

Thanks Newt! I like yours too! I'm a big fan of fountain pens.

What do you mean "Me too"?? I was referring to YOUR car! You know I could care less if your mutant car can't handle today's advancing technology...

BTW...Tell B to stop rippin' on the Treo, he's just jealous cause it's too much phone for him
    I know you meant my car! I was just agreeing with you. And, excuse me, but my "mutant car" is going to take over the world some day! I'm helping keep the world clean for your children, thank you very much! How do you know it's not YOUR phone that can't handle my car!?

And BTW, ain't nothin' too much for B! ('cept asking for directions, which is why I got my nav system! )
    Quote Originally Posted by StFunny View Post
    Thanks Newt! I like yours too! I'm a big fan of fountain pens.
    I have a collection of those and write with them regularly at work.

Also big fan of cats as well.
    Last edited by TreoNewt; 04/23/2007 at 01:58 PM.