1.    #1  
    How can one force Blazer into going to a "normal" site and not a special "mobile" site if one chooses?

Thanks and be well, all.

David
    Last edited by dhbuckley; 03/10/2007 at 02:57 PM.
  2.    #2  
    Is no one answering this because no one knows or is the answer so obvious that I'm laming out here??

Seriously, I have no clue and find this very frustrating--I've learned how to use various sites in Blazer and all of a sudden bang, can't anymore because I'm automatically routed to mobile versions.

Thanks for reading me rant--any help appreciated...

Be well and rant well, all.

David
    dhbuckley,

Don't know what to tell you, my Blazer web browser opens any website I got to, regardless of if it's a mobile site or regular website.

Matt
    Global Posts
    442 Global Posts
    I don't use the web on my Treo, so I am not sure, but under preferences/general tab there is 'fast mode' which gives you the choice of not downloading images and disabling cascading style sheets (what ever that means). Could your browser be set so that you are using fast mode, thus it appears that you are only able to go to mobile sites?
    I'm using the fastmode Blazer hack and can still go to regularly formatted pages...
    Quote Originally Posted by Christinac130 View Post
    I'm using the fastmode Blazer hack and can still go to regularly formatted pages...

I have noticed that when I go to the palm site, it's always goes to the mobile
    site
    Quote Originally Posted by dhbuckley View Post
    How can one force Blazer into going to a "normal" site and not a special "mobile" site if one chooses?
    I have the same issue, using a 680. In some cases it doesn't seem as if it is going to a special mobile version of the site, but instead just stripping out some content from the site. For example, my company does not have a mobile version of our website, but when I access it from my treo (even in "Normal mode") I get a stripped down version.

In other cases, (e.g., washingtonpost.com) it takes me to mobile.washingtonpost.com

I don't see any way to override the behavior.

G
    Last edited by GeorgeP; 03/11/2007 at 10:28 PM.
    The sites you visit are reading your browser version and then automatically forwarding you on to their mobile site. (nice of them, huh?)

Nothing much you can do about it except use opera.
    Global Posts
    319 Global Posts
    zelet is right. websites ask your browser what it is.

the new browser called Universal let's you change its ID
    If I could know then, what I know now.