Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
  1.    #61  
    Final Release (hopefully):
    • Lots of minor bug-fixes, cleaned-up lots of code.
    • Fixed occassional resets with new location registrations. (resets happened at the same location, everytime!)

PS: There is *no* need to delete and re-build your TreoSpotDB databases

Attached Files Attached Files
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenHex View Post
    Besides, I also ignore CellID (the stuff that keeps changing) - mvk
    Ignoring the cellid makes it useless in dense areas... When tested it in Italy, I was "under the same tower" for about 120km... which is completely crazy...
    Why don't you put it as an option?
  3.    #63  
    Quote Originally Posted by fasuin View Post
    Ignoring the cellid makes it useless in dense areas... When tested it in Italy, I was "under the same tower" for about 120km... which is completely crazy...
    Why don't you put it as an option?
    I had always intended to use CellID, but only because of the density of Cells in my area, I disabled it for the Beta releases.

I'll include it as a user configurable option in the next release.

Also, I've noticed some resets with TreoSpot v1.31, in case anybody else is also having them please post here. This has to be fixed on top priority.

- mvk
  4.    #64  
    Release Notes:
    • User may choose to use CellID in location info.

PS: Users having resets with TreoSpot v1.32 may please report them here.

Attached Files Attached Files
    Have you begun/are you still planning a CDMA version for us T755p users :-)
  6.    #66  
    Sorry, TreoSpot has been abandoned because of lack of interest among the user community and more importantly, lack of support for such functionality in the Treo (PalmOS) product range. The way TreoSpot gets the location information is too convoluted and intrusive to be of much practical use.

- mvk
    Hey... I enjoyed using it! It was fun while it lasted, but I understand your point really.
    Its too bad that this app isn't still being developed. Between this and a hooks into Messagine and the Contacts app, one could essentially end up with a near-BuddyBeacon (Boost Mobile, Sprint) or Jaiku like program.

I think I'll play with it nonetheless, if anything to give me ideas and run from there. Sorry I was late on this, I surely would have written about it in quite a few places.
    MMM | AntoineRJWright.com | BH | Jaiku

Moved on to Symbian, but still will visit from time to time.
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234