Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 68
  1. #41  
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenHex View Post
    CDMA is completely different. The main reason I've not got into it is I don't have a CDMA phone here.
    Do you happen to know if its possible with CDMA?
  2. #42  
    any chance to integrate this with http://www.cellspotting.com/
  3.    #43  
    Quote Originally Posted by hoovs View Post
    Do you happen to know if its possible with CDMA?
    From what I've seen in the header files, it certainly looks doable.
  4.    #44  
    Quote Originally Posted by fasuin View Post
    any chance to integrate this with http://www.cellspotting.com/
    That is a good service, but it requires a data (GPRS) service to be on for operation. Many cell users don't use GPRS...

    But maybe I should consider an optional interface to cellspotting. (later, now I have my hands full).

    - mvk
  5.    #45  
    Uploaded v1.1b8

    Release Notes:
    • Pre-final version, everything is as it should be.
    • New location registrations are recognised only if they are valid for more than 15 seconds.
    • Startup issue with ChatterEmail NOT solved. Will be done in a subsequent release.


    http://www.swCP3.com/TreoSpot/TreoSpot.zip

    Please save v1.1b7 files, in case you have problems with v1.1b8... there shouldn't be any. This is just because I've only tested v1.1b8 for a few hours and one never knows about resets and stuff.
    Game over!
  6. #46  
    Just to let you know...I haven't had any problems with v1.1b7 on the 680
  7.    #47  
    Quote Originally Posted by Christinac130 View Post
    Just to let you know...I haven't had any problems with v1.1b7 on the 680
    All you guys download v1.1b8 NOW..., AGAIN... (if you are seeing this). I mistakenly forgot to reset certain switches during compilation in the test version before uploading.

    Sorry...

    - mvk
  8.    #48  
    TreoSpot v1.2 released.

    Release Notes:
    • More robust Serial Manager error handling.
    • Fixed bug where sometimes empty GIDs were returned.
    • New location registrations are recognised only if they are valid for more than 30 seconds.


    http://www.swCP3.com/TreoSpot/
  9. #49  
    It doesn't seem to be updating locations any more. I am running Chatter always on, so GPRS is always enabled. Would that stop it from knowing if the registrations are valid?

    Also, after I press the (X) to get a location, and name it, it doesn't show up in the list until I go to another app and then return (to refresh the screen).
  10.    #50  
    Quote Originally Posted by jaytee View Post
    It doesn't seem to be updating locations any more. I am running Chatter always on, so GPRS is always enabled. Would that stop it from knowing if the registrations are valid?

    Also, after I press the (X) to get a location, and name it, it doesn't show up in the list until I go to another app and then return (to refresh the screen).
    That is the way it is meant to operate (list is not updated). I'll remove the "X" button shortly as it was meant for testing purposes only and not for a production release.

    ChatterEmail always running is not a problem. Like I mentioned before, I too have ChatterEmail always on (on IDLE too) and no issues with that. In any case, at least the progress dialog should flash on the screen (in the least).

    Check if the "Add new locations... " is enabled.

    - mvk
  11. #51  
    maybe the cell towers are just pretty spaced out here. seems to have picked up another one here.

    i'll keep testing. I am really enjoying the app
    :-)
    --
    Visor Deluxe > Visor Platinum > Visor Pro > Treo 180 > Treo 270 > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 680 > Palm Pre > EVO 4G
  12. #52  
    I had an app that was similar to this on my old Symbian based Nokia 3650. The difference was that instead of just location based alerts, it could do location based operations.

    For instance, I had set it so that whenever I entered a certain location, it would automatically switch the phone to silent. It could also be configured so that upon leaving that same location (not just on entering some specific one), it could trigger yet another operation, such as switching the phone back to normal, or something totally different, like sending a pre-typed text message to a specified number, or even starting another application. The possibilities were almost endless, it was one of the greatest applications I've ever come across and I don't understand why this has not yet manifested for the Treo.

    If this application you are working on ends up going in this direction, I will not only be extremely grateful, I will gladly pay you for it.
    .
  13.    #53  
    Quote Originally Posted by skillllllz View Post
    For instance, I had set it so that whenever I entered a certain location, it would automatically switch the phone to silent. It could also be configured so that upon leaving that same location (not just on entering some specific one), it could trigger yet another operation, such as switching the phone back to normal, or something totally different, like sending a pre-typed text message to a specified number, or even starting another application. The possibilities were almost endless, it was one of the greatest applications I've ever come across and I don't understand why this has not yet manifested for the Treo.
    Somebody else also mentioned this before, and once TreoSpot is stable, it will be done. But first I need to know how reliable the whole cell location info is on the Treo.

    I think Palm has been very stupid for not (publically) providing the required APIs for obtaining this (and several other information). I've had to use a very idiotic way of getting location information.

    Like you mention, the possibilities are endless, but to wait 5 to 10 seconds for the location information every time there is a new location registration (when GPRS is on) takes the fun out of using TreoSpot).

    They call it "smart"phone but they are downright "stupid." Must be all the Indians (including a friend of mine) who work there (I suppose I can make a comment like that since I'm of the same race... )

    .
    Last edited by GreenHex; 03/17/2007 at 07:42 AM.
  14. #54  
    Well, I'll tell ya, the info on the Nokia was always erratically changing. At my house it would randomly pop in and out of 5-6 different cell locations. At work it would pop in and out of 2-3. The application had a solution for this. You could add several "cell locations" to a user specified location.

    For instance, while at home I had created a new location and called it "Home". I then retrieved my cell location and was given the option to add it to "Home" or "Create a new location". Once my device detected a new cell location it prompted me to either "add" it or "ignore" it. If I chose to add it, once again, I could add it to "Home" (or another previous location) or "Create a new location". I eventually added each of the cell locations that was detected at my house to "Home". That way no matter which cell location I was in, the program still saw it as "Home" or "Work", etc., and performed all operations accordingly.

    If you would like me to further elaborate, I'd be more than happy to.
    Last edited by skillllllz; 03/16/2007 at 11:30 PM.
    .
  15.    #55  
    Quote Originally Posted by skillllllz View Post
    For instance, while at home I had created a new location and called it "Home". I then retrieved my cell location and was given the option to add it to "Home" or "Create a new location". Once my device detected a new cell location it prompted me to either "add" it or "ignore" it. If I chose to add it, once again, I could add it to "Home" (or another previous location) or "Create a new location". I eventually added each of the cell locations that was detected at my house to "Home". That way no matter which cell location I was in, the program still saw it as "Home" or "Work", etc., and performed all operations accordingly.
    I've implemented a slightly different scheme in TreoSpot. Here I merely ignore a new location registration if it is invalidated by another registration within 30 seconds. Besides, I also ignore CellID (the stuff that keeps changing) in the current release. For the time being let us have it this way... We can rethink about this later.

    I'm now adding the functionality to control phone functions. Maybe you could try it and give feedback as to how stable it is. I'll post it here soon for you guys can give it a try.

    - mvk
  16. #56  
    I told you this app would get more popular...it's gonna keep you busy tweaking it

    I'm running errands today and all my notes are entered. It'll be the first time I use TreoSpot without adding locations. I'll see how reliably it alerts me and tells me what I'm suppose to be doing...
  17.    #57  
    http://www.swCP3.com/TreoSpot/TreoSpotPhnOptions.GIF

    Ok...,

    Here is TreoSpot v1.2b1, that has a preliminary phone options settings.

    Some things aren't implemented yet (Vibrate|Normal and Locale), but other things should work as expected.

    Also, note that "Phone Options" ([P>]) can be enabled separately, i.e., Alerts can be "Active" or not, and "Phone Options Settings" can be enabled (or not) without interfering with each other.

    Now, for something important:

    If you already use previous versions of TreoSpot and have built a database, you will need to delete the database (Name: TreoSpotDB), or you WILL get resets, and we all know that resets are a bad thing.


    You could save the database, but I will have to change the DB layout again when I implement the phone options settings completely.

    ---
    TreoSpot v1.2b2: Fixed resets that used to occur when opening Location Edit form from a TreoSpot Alert.

    ---
    TreoSpot v1.2b3: Re-fixed resets that used to occur when opening Location Edit form from a TreoSpot Alert. Problem was apparently not fixed in v1.2b2.

    .
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by GreenHex; 03/20/2007 at 10:26 AM. Reason: Uploaded v1.2b3
    Game over!
  18. #58  
    Does the database need to be deleted again?
  19.    #59  
    Release Notes:
    • Fixed problem with "Disable if Data Session is Active."
    • Other minor enhancements.
    • Now, you need to wait for 3 seconds after pressing the [X] button. This is to allow time for everything to stabilize.
    - mvk

    PS: Mistakenly uploaded v1.2b4 (I've since deleted that post).

    PPS: There is no need to delete TreoSpotDB, as I've not made any changes to it.

    .
    Attached Files Attached Files
  20.    #60  
    Release Notes:
    • Everything in place, including TimeZone, Vibration and Theme settings
    • Almost in its final form...

    Oh yes, you'll need to delete "TreoSpotDB" or you'll get resets, I changed the layout again (for the last time, I promise).

    - mvk
    Attached Files Attached Files
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Posting Permissions