Results 1 to 11 of 11
  1.    #1  
    Alrighty...hope this stays sane discussion...

    I'm an old skool die hard WordPerfect user. I can't stand MS Word. Let's leave it at that. To each their own.

    Has anyone seen a file viewer, akin to Documents to go, or some such app, that will allow one to view WordPerfect documents?

    curiously,
    j
  2. #2  
    Actually, according to DataViz's site, Documents-to-go will read WordPerfect documents. As per their web site:
    bring the following types of documents to your handheld: MS Word, WordPerfect, Word Pro, TEXT and DOC formats
    Sven

    If at first you do succeed, try not to look astonished.
  3.    #3  
    Hmmm...nifty. I must have missed that.

    What about this Wordsmith app everyone seems keen on? will it deal with WP files?
  4. #4  
    Unfortunately, no. It only deals with MS Word. I wish WordSmith would deal with WP and other wordprocessor formats. I was just playing with Documents-to-go, and while it does a better job of keeping original items from a Document file (tables, etc.), its editing features are no where near as nice as the ones in WordSmith. It allows editing on the most basic level (no bold, italics, etc. At least, not that I could find). Ideally, I would like to see
    WordSmith add some of these features, including the PDF support that DTG now offers.
    Sven

    If at first you do succeed, try not to look astonished.
  5.    #5  
    PDF support would actually be the way to go, IMHO.

    I've actaully started to publish most of my documents in PDF form so that I can avoid all the differing word processor file type issues.

    Anyhow, guess we've beaten this topic to death. Thanks.

    J-
  6. #6  
    WordSmith reads RTF (Rich Text Format) files. If you save your WordPerfect documents as RTF you can use the WordSmith desktop program to sync them. And WordPerfect reads RTF files.

    The only thing you don't get that a Word user has is the WordSmith menu within the program. But it's easy enough to do everything by hand.

    Laura
    Currently a Word fan, but former WP guru
  7. #7  
    Originally posted by sdoersam
    It allows editing on the most basic level (no bold, italics, etc. At least, not that I could find).
    Doc to Go does allow you to produce bold, italics, and underlined text. Highlight the text and tap preferences. Now select edit and from the menu select font. There are check boxes to modify the text to bold, italics, or underline.

    I wish that it handled multiple font sizes. If you use more than one font size (a title and then the chapter for example)it converts everything to one size (either small or large). I also find it occasionally does weird things with tabs but then again, doesn't Word do similar weird things with tabs!

    The new PDF viewer add on is nice and does a good job.
    Donate Blood!!!
    Visit here to see how: America's Blood Centers
  8. #8  
    Originally posted by Pathdoc


    Doc to Go does allow you to produce bold, italics, and underlined text. Highlight the text and tap preferences. Now select edit and from the menu select font. There are check boxes to modify the text to bold, italics, or underline.

    I wish that it handled multiple font sizes. If you use more than one font size (a title and then the chapter for example)it converts everything to one size (either small or large). I also find it occasionally does weird things with tabs but then again, doesn't Word do similar weird things with tabs!

    The new PDF viewer add on is nice and does a good job.
    I thought it was strange that you couldn't do that. Now I know where to look for it. Thanks!
    Sven

    If at first you do succeed, try not to look astonished.
  9. hloakes's Avatar
    Posts
    64 Posts
    Global Posts
    66 Global Posts
    #9  
    Originally posted by Holocron
    PDF support would actually be the way to go, IMHO.

    I've actaully started to publish most of my documents in PDF form so that I can avoid all the differing word processor file type issues.

    Anyhow, guess we've beaten this topic to death. Thanks.

    J-
    Check out http://207.192.106.20/page/0-2-951-2.htm
  10.    #10  
    yeah, i saw...

    like i'm on the edge of tomorrow...

    j-
  11. #11  
    The best thing about doc to go is that it works with the corel office suite. Not only will Word Perfect work but Quattro Pro as well. It is the only spreadsheet I found which will work with quattro pro. It also works with PDF files and will display tables, but no pictures or other fancy pdf features like the new PalmPDFreader. Large tables make it run slooooooow, paste large tables into a spreadsheet to reduce document size and improve speed. Editable files are rather large, but if you only need to read the text and not edit, you may save as a compressed aportisdoc file. they fixed the "new document" and keyboard issues. It also automatically loads any viewable email attachments into the DoctoGo App durring a mail sync so you can click on the file name in your email to launch DocToGo and view and edit the file.

    Jeff

Posting Permissions