1. nsp
    Act! for Palm 2.0 - Does it work on the 650? My AFP is constantly soft resetting, does anyone know if this new 2.0 works on the 650?

Thanks....
    NSP,

I posted this on another thread of your's:

I too am an avid ACT user. I have 1500+ contacts and all the associated records. I loved having my ACT data on my Cingular treo 650 but hated the freezes and resets. After a year or more of putting up with this to have my data with me, I deleted ACT for PalmOS v2, complained to Sage Software and installed CompanionLink. 60+ days - no resets.

While it does take getting used to the new format, the data syncs well and I have had no problems. I don't like that I cannot clear a meeting from the Treo, but I'll get used to it to keep from crasing and losing the day. I hate that I spent $99 on ACT for PalmOS and then had to spend almost that much on CompanionLink, but it works and that I am happy with.

Sorry if this is not the answer you are looking for, but it is a good fix for keeping your data with you.

THEN I READ A REPLY FROM TREOSPIKE:
    Actually Target, you can clear meetings on the Treo. If you are using the format of (M) for meetings, (C) for calls etc. On the Treo you go into the appointment or call and put a "/" at the very beginning, it will clear on your next sync. I have used companionlink for over 6 months and it works great.

Good Luck
    Target

Using a GSM Treo Pro, my first Windows Mobile Device. Coming from a Cingular Treo 650.
  3. nsp
    Target,

Thanks for your reply, I ended up using the ACT link through the palm software. Not the greatest but atleast it is working. Does campanionlink offer more search options? I would like to be able to search by company name, telephone number? Other then using the search function on the phone?
    Companion Link places (the majority of) your ACT data in the Palm calendar, tasks & contact apps. There is a 14 day free trial at companionlink.com.

I like that I am able to use my data in the way Palm intended it to work on the Treo. I am able to search contacts and most data with the Treo search feature.

Its not ACT for Palm OS, but its decent. It works!

Good luck,
    Target
    Target

Using a GSM Treo Pro, my first Windows Mobile Device. Coming from a Cingular Treo 650.
  5. jes
    Global Posts
    79 Global Posts
    Hello,

I thought I'd add my experience on ACT! for Palm on my 700p. I was evaluating ACT! for Palm OS for my company for a period of 4 months. I was able to successfully install and get syncing with ACT! 2006 Premium for Workgroups going. And it was apparently working. But occassionally, after a synced, I would notice that a majority of my activities had been completely erased on ACT! 2006, but would remain on my ACT! for Palm! Then, after my next sync, the activities were erased on my ACT! for Palm! As you can imagine, this is very disruptive to the business operations.

I wasted a lot of my time with Tier 1 support at Palm. Then I spoke to Tier 2 (which I could only reach after expressing much rage), and they had nothing. I suspected that the problem could be with special activity types or customized fields in my database. I was hoping that Tier 2 would actually help with some more in depth troubleshooting. But Tier 2 told me that the 700p, with its Hotsync 6.0.1, was not even supported, and they gave me some simple, but disruptive suggestions. So, I got a refund on the software.

My advice, stay away from ACT! for Palm OS because it can be very disruptive for your business.
  6. nsp
    I too, gave up ...... using the act link, it is ok but I probably should have stayed with the Act for Palm with my 600. I used it for many years with little problems. I am however enjoying the contact list for quick emails.

NSP