1.    #1  
    I wanted to like it, I really did. I was carrying a Palm TX and a Razr, which I thought was stupid since the treo existed. So I dropped Cingular and went to Verizon. In my area Verizon's coverage isn't so good, at least not as good as Cingular's.

There were other little things, none so great that it would warrant a change. But what finally broke it for me is the fact that I had to reset my Treo four times this week to get it to work with my bluetooth headset. When I am on a business call I need the headset so my hands can be free for other things. Having to constantly check the phone to see if the headset is still connected before I made a call is simply not something you should have to do.

Cingular is offering me a significant discount on a new plan. I would also get a discount on my business landline. As both are AT&T they are trying to lock me in and I don't see much downside. And since I am a Macintosh fanatic I will probably jump into line to get an iPhone (yes, I know it too is a risk, and will not be as developed as the Treo apps, but I am willing to try).

I've lurked here since before I bought my Treo 700p from Verizon, sometimes posting, but not often. Still, this is a great community and I will miss it. I want to thank everyone for helping me when I had problems. There are a great many people here with much class. I'm not sure that everyone realizes just how invaluable the resources here can be

Thank you all.
    Global Posts
    319 Global Posts
    Please don't go... I heard Palm is releasing a new unit. The 580p. Its thicker and has a retractable metal antenna and has a whopping 16 colors! Jump ship now and you will miss this latest technology.
    If I could know then, what I know now.
    Global Posts
    319 Global Posts
    You know 'farewell my treo' should be a song. Any skilled music people here? It would spread fast and make its way to the CEO I am sure. I think there is plenty of content for the song with all the flaws.
    If I could know then, what I know now.
    The problem is that those that leave the Treo often come back. The CEO likely knows that.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 700wx -> Mogul -> Touch Pro
    You may like to flash, but your phone shouldn't. LED Killer
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by e2chris View Post
    You know 'farewell my treo' should be a song. Any skilled music people here? It would spread fast and make its way to the CEO I am sure. I think there is plenty of content for the song with all the flaws.
    I'll help start. Try using Gordon Lightfoot's "The Wreck of the Edmund Fitzgerald"
    http://www.lightfoot.ca/wreckof.htm
    as a basis.

I'm not commenting on sinking ships, as Apple was a sinking ship none to long ago.
    See ya.