1.    #1  
    I hotsync'd my phone today (something I don't to do that often) and when I pushed the calendar button, the phone reset. I tried dbscan, etc. Nothing seemed to work. For a bit, when I ran hotsync, it would say that the calendar application wasn't even supported in the log.

All of this is odd. But here's the part that has me totally stumped.

I did a hard re-set and then restored the phone from the backup I had created just that morning (and I believe the phone app was turned off while I did it). I figured that would take care of it.

Well, everything gets restored but I can't open the Calendar (it resets) AND versamail has disappeared. In fact, when I push on the e-mail button, nothing happens. No versamail icon.

I tried restoring from an even earlier save (about a week earlier) - same problems! No versamail icon, nothing happens when I try to go into it (by making the button pref "versamail" and then pressing the button) and the calendar crashes and causes a reset.

I won't lie. I'm near tears. Help a girl out, please!
  2.    #2  
    Now, when I press the mail button to go into versamail, it flashes open and then returns to the previous screen on its own. So odd!
    Bite the bullet. Do a hard reset but don't restore the applications (rename the Backup folder). Do an integrity check on the Calendar data on the PC before syncing after the hard reset.

Now Calendar should work (or else you have corruption in the calendar data).
    Run dbScan until you get Calendar working in this clean Treo (no 3rd party applications or files).

Then re-install applications one at a time. It takes time (a bit like reformatting the hard drive on the PC and re-installing Windows and all applications). But it saves a lot of aggravation and usually results in a stable Treo.
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    Software:Treo650-1.17-CNG
    Firmware:01.51 Hardware:A
  4.    #4  
    Oy. I was very afraid someone might say that.

Do you recommend that I re-install all of my programs exclusively by hot-sync or would it be okay to simply restore some from the card?

And thank you so much for responding. I appreciate it a ton.
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by aprasad View Post
    Bite the bullet. Do a hard reset but don't restore the applications (rename the Backup folder). Do an integrity check on the Calendar data on the PC before syncing after the hard reset.

Now Calendar should work (or else you have corruption in the calendar data).
    Run dbScan until you get Calendar working in this clean Treo (no 3rd party applications or files).

Then re-install applications one at a time. It takes time (a bit like reformatting the hard drive on the PC and re-installing Windows and all applications). But it saves a lot of aggravation and usually results in a stable Treo.
    How do I do an integrity check on the Calendar data on the PC?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiburon View Post
    Oy. I was very afraid someone might say that.

Do you recommend that I re-install all of my programs exclusively by hot-sync or would it be okay to simply restore some from the card?

And thank you so much for responding. I appreciate it a ton.
    Fresh install is cleaner. I have done fresh installs, one at a time, using the Treo a few days (or at least a few hours) between installs.
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiburon View Post
    How do I do an integrity check on the Calendar data on the PC?
    In Palm Desktop:

Tools -> Options -> Tools Tab -> Check and repair any corrupted records
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    What he says is very important when attempting to get to a point of stability. Selective restores sound nice; however, there is still the chance of importing something that may reek havoc. This is an excellent time to get together all of your registration codes, grab all of the newest releases of the applications you use, review the applications you current use, install an installation manager application as your first application, et cetera. A pain it might be, the results though are almost always much better.

Ben
  9.    #9  
    Thank you so much, Aprasad - I appreciate your willingness to help!

And you are both correct...I started fresh and already feel better. I keep all of my activation codes at hand so it was good to begin anew.

Thank you both! If either of you know why my Verichat icon is not showing up in Zlauncher, now, I'd be set!