1.    #1  
    Okay, so I use Outlook 2000 and I'm synching with it using PocketMirror basic version. When I hotsynch, I get a box that pops up from Outlook telling me that something is accessing my contacts, email, etc...do I want to allow access for X period of time or deny it.

I guessing its from a recent MS security patch update becuse it never did this untill recently. Any idea on how to allow full access for the hotsynch app? Without having to do it on every hotsych?

Thanks,

J
    Make sure you are using the latest version of Pocket Mirror. It should take care of this dialog box for you. You can find the latest version at www.chapura.com
    Sven

If at first you do succeed, try not to look astonished.
  3.    #3  
    Well, I'm updated with Pocket Mirror, but no resoution to that dialoge box.

Oh well.

Say, how does one get catagories to synch?
    It is not a pocket mirror issue. I am using the built in OS hot sync and I get the same message.

Has anybody been able to adjust MS Outlook to allow palm OS to access it without manual authorization?
    I believe you guys are using Office 2000 with SP2 or the Outlook security update. IS that right?

This is an "ehancement" from Microsoft. Instead of creating a away to disallow worms and virus to use the Phonebook or Outlook services, they decided that any software other than theirs is "bad"...

I think there's a way to go around this, and it requires change using REGEDIT. Look on the Microsoft KnoledgeBase for this.
    Here is the answer for Pocket Mirror users. Any ideas for the rest of us?

"The latest version of PocketMirror will eliminate the "Allow access to your addressbook..." dialog box that occurred in previous versions of PocketMirror, during the synchronization of Outlook Contacts.

Please download the latest free update of PocketMirror version 3.0.2 from http://www.chapura.com/html/downloads.html. To check which version you are currently running, refer to Chapura FAQ PM089.

Since PocketMirror DOES NOT synchronize email, the "Allow access..." dialog box may still occur during Mail synchronization. Please see http://www.palm.com/support/downloads for any updates to their Mail Conduit or contact Palm for additional support.

Note: If you DO NOT want to synchronize email to the handheld, refer to Chapura FAQ PM004 "How do I disable the Mail conduit?" "
    Originally posted by Billy4u
    It is not a pocket mirror issue. I am using the built in OS hot sync and I get the same message.

Has anybody been able to adjust MS Outlook to allow palm OS to access it without manual authorization?
    If you are not using Pocket Mirror, how are you syncing with Outlook? Out of the box HotSync Manager will not sync with Outlook. You need a 3rd party program like Pocket Mirror (which I beleive is bundled with all Visors) to sync with Outlook.
    Mike
    I'd rather be upside down in my kayak than rightside up at my desk.
    Originally posted by Jupe

If you are not using Pocket Mirror, how are you syncing with Outlook? Out of the box HotSync Manager will not sync with Outlook. You need a 3rd party program like Pocket Mirror (which I beleive is bundled with all Visors) to sync with Outlook.
    Oops. Yes Pocket Mirror was bundled and it is the app that is used to sync with Outlook.

And yes, the upgrade to 3.0.2 was free, easy, and worked!
    The Mail conduit is part of the basic Hotsync software. It'll sync your email from a designated source - it can be Outlook. For this you don't need PocketMirror.

Now, if you want to sync your Address Book with the Outlook Contacts, or Date Book with the Outlook Calendar, or Memo Pad with Outlook Notes, or To Do with the Outlook To Do list, then you have to use PocketMirror which is a third party software included in the CD. You can also use other software, if you don't like PocketMirror.

But, again, PocketMirror is not required to sync email.
    Originally posted by freitasm
    The Mail conduit is part of the basic Hotsync software. It'll sync your email from a designated source - it can be Outlook. For this you don't need PocketMirror...
    That's correct. I wasn't talking about email. Sorry I wasn't clear.
    Mike
    I'd rather be upside down in my kayak than rightside up at my desk.