Global Posts
    34 Global Posts
    I am a sys admin supporting 36 Treo's. 25 are Sprint, 11 are Verizon. 12 of the Sprint ones are 650's, the rest (Verizon included) are 700P's. All are using Goodlink.

So far I've had a few complaints about having to reset too often (Good hangs the device, mostly the Verizon's), bluetooth not working, or not staying connected (having to rediscover the headset). Anyways, I have one complaint that I can't figure out. I have my Sprint rep looking into it for me, but he doesn't seem to be having much luck. I have one guy who tells me that his phone will ring 12-13 times before going to voicemail!!! He is using a 700P on the Sprint network. Is there any way to change this? It's actually causing him to miss calls (callers won't wait for VM to pick up, so they just hang up without leaving a message). Any ideas?

Thanks!
    Tim
    Using MotoQ on Sprint
    Supporting Treo 650's, 700P's and MotoQ's on Sprint and Verizon.
    Good Admin too
    For Sprint, I think you have to go under each phone number into the voicemail options (accessible only through voicemail) and change the time (in seconds, I think) it takes before voicemail picks up.
    Global Posts
    319 Global Posts
    You actually witness this. Never believe a user. Call the number and count the rings or time it. I find this hard to believe. I bet he changed the ringtone and he 'thinks' its taking longer.
    If I could know then, what I know now.
    Global Posts
    319 Global Posts
    sprint has a ring count option? I have verizon and I don't recall that being a option.
    If I could know then, what I know now.
    Quote Originally Posted by e2chris View Post
    sprint has a ring count option? I have verizon and I don't recall that being a option.
    Log into your Voicemail and go to options. I recall setting this up when I first got my Sprint account many years ago! Its a network thing, not something you change on your treo.
    Global Posts
    34 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BMIC50 View Post
    Log into your Voicemail and go to options. I recall setting this up when I first got my Sprint account many years ago! Its a network thing, not something you change on your treo.

I just checked, and found nothing. I called my own phone (as the user is out today), and it rang 6 times before VM picked up. My rep thinks it might be because he is used to his Nextel, which is IDEN and has a shorter number of rings than CDMA.

I guess I'll keep looking.
    Tim
    Using MotoQ on Sprint
    Good Admin too
    Right, Sprint will ring 25 seconds before xferring to voicemail in most situations...that is, if your phone rings when you are called.

Exceptions to the rule are as follows:

1. Your phone is off
    2. Your phone is out of coverage
    3. Your press the hang-up key when the phone is ringing
    4. You have an application such as CallFilter send your calls to voicemail immediately or after a given number of rings on your phone
    5. You have call forwarding enabled on your phone

In rare cases, I have heard that Voicemail will not pick up -
    this could be because the system is very busy, but unlikely a problem with your phone.

There may be a place in the Sprint Voicemail preferences to change the number of rings before the call is sent to voicemail. I haven't found it yet

Sprint Pre & Motorola H300 BT headset

Dead devices: Palm Pro; Palm III; Treo 600, 650, 700p, 755p; Centro
    Yes, I finally updated my tagline!
    Global Posts
    34 Global Posts
    Thanks for the info. I'll pass it along to the user to see if it helps him out. I'll keep you posted.

Thanks!
    Tim
    Using MotoQ on Sprint
    Good Admin too