Global Posts
    59 Global Posts
    Just got my Treo a couple of days ago. It appears that I can get rid of some of the preloaded software, but I want to make sure I don't do something I'll regret later.

For starters, I use gmail for my email, so I have already installed the gmail mobile app (and Java VM). Does this mean I can get rid of GoodLink and GetBC?

What is Cellebrite? Do I need it?

Any other preloaded apps I can get rid of?

Thanks.
    Cellebrite is a software program that was used to transfer your contact over from your old phone to your new phone. You might want to keep that one, in case you need it again!

Matt
    Global Posts
    1,113 Global Posts
    we all wish we could get rid of some of the crapware on our treos. unfortunately its permanently in ROM and no ROM tools are available for the 700p.
    You can use Obfuscate (freeware) to hide these icons on the Palmtop (App screen), but it wont delete them.

Quote Originally Posted by KJ78 View Post
    we all wish we could get rid of some of the crapware on our treos. unfortunately its permanently in ROM and no ROM tools are available for the 700p.
    I thought you could make a custom ROM...maybe I am wrong, but if so, it isnt as easy as adding a program. You have to pay attention to what youre doing.
    Global Posts
    1,113 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BMIC50 View Post
    You can use Obfuscate (freeware) to hide these icons on the Palmtop (App screen), but it wont delete them.

I thought you could make a custom ROM...maybe I am wrong, but if so, it isnt as easy as adding a program. You have to pay attention to what youre doing.
    as i understand it you can make a custom ROM for a 650 but they haven't cracked the 700p yet.