1.    #1  
    In the last few days I've been getting resets a LOT that give me "MemoryMgr.c, Line:2679, Chunk over-locked" error when I check it. It has happened from Phone and from KSDatebook, but was not happening until the last couple days. The only change I made was that I was having problems with my authorization for VersaMail and the Sprint tech support walked me through fixing it and resetting something on my phone. I am using software 1.12 and I have too many things on my Treo to do a hard reset and start all over. Any help?
    Well, it isn't perfect and it makes me crazy, but I still do love my Treo!
    Sprint Treo 650 CDMA
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    Software:Treo650-1.17-CNG
    Firmware:01.51 Hardware:A
  3.    #3  
    Thanks, but I am not much of a techie to figure out what that all means. I'm wondering why it would suddenly start happening though, when I don't have any less memory now than I've had for weeks before now.
    Well, it isn't perfect and it makes me crazy, but I still do love my Treo!
    Sprint Treo 650 CDMA
    Check out these two threads (http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...ad.php?t=79140 and http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh....php?t=113353).
    The bottom line is that it can just happen out of the blue. It appears to me memory (hardware) that has gone bad and replacing the device is the only fix. The problem is that the problem only seems to occur when an application hits the damaged part of memory (non-techie description). If you hard reset the device, you may not see the problem again but that doesn't mean it is fixed. When it happened with my 650, I hadn't added any apps. It was just the unfortunate luck of the draw.
    Mark,

The following page indicates that this could be caused by bad programming alone. No bad hardware required.

http://www.codeproject.com/ce/palm_memorymanagment.asp
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    Software:Treo650-1.17-CNG
    Firmware:01.51 Hardware:A
    aprasad, I hope that the case for TheTreoGuy, otherwise it's a real PITA. I suggest a hard reset and adding 3rd party apps in one-at-a-time to see if that narrows down the problem.
    I was having this exact same problem on my 650 back in early December. I've had my phone since Jan of 05, and was virtually reset free for almost 2 years even with over 50 3rd party programs and a custom ROM.

The "chunk-overlocked" errors started happening out of the blue, and the frequency just kept increasing even after I hard reset the phone and went back to a standard ROM image. I finally did a "zero-out" reset which is different from a hard reset in that it actually over-writes your Treo's memory with 1's and 0's. I then re-loaded a custom ROM, put back all my 3rd party apps, and have been completely error free for over 3 months now!

While I've heard talk that this issue is a hardware problem, I'm not convinced. I won't discount the fact that hardware COULD be to blame, but from the reading I did this issue is usually the result of an internal memory corruption, and the only way to fix that is through a zero-out reset. It worked great for me, and I hope you have the same positive results if you try this fix yourself.

I needed my 650 to last just a bit longer until I can figure out what upgrade move to make. I've had my eye on the 700p since it first debuted and almost made that leap at the end of last summer, but then I started reading about the lag and BT issues, and decided to wait for the first ROM update which still hasn't materialized When it finally does arrive, I might still buy a 700p so long as the update fixes these problems, but by this point Palm should be announcing the 755 (hopefully p). I personally refuse to join the dark side. All my friends have WM Treo's, and I'm just not that impressed with the OS.