Global Posts
    7 Global Posts
    Forgive me...I'm a total noob to Treo (650) and to these forums. I've searched the forums and the online guide and can't seem to find an answer to this question.

Bottom line is that I bought an unlocked 650 on eBay that works great. But when I went to HotSync, it had a user FCW. I can't seem to delete it or find a place where i can change the username.

Also related to this...it looks like you can have multiple user with HotSync. So does that mean, that I could have for instance an ID for home and an ID for work, and keep my contacts, emails, calendar events, etc separate?

Thank you.
    In the Palm Desktop in the upper right-hand corner there is a pull down list of users. Select Edit Users... to create a new User.
    Hey Paul8agrape!

The Palm desktop allows multiple userids -- for multiple devices, each with it's own unique userid -- one device cannot have two user ids. (I had 4 devices connecting to the one desktop once -- 4 Palm device users in the same family.)

FCW? (A userid named FCW?)

If a prior userid was left on the device -- you have 2 choices:
    1. Accept that userid and allow the desktop to sync to it, or
    2. Hard Reset (which erases all data on the device) and allows you to start fresh. (You will lose all this data unless it has been saved via a hotsync to the other userid. If it has been saved -- then there are ways to copy it over to the new userid with the Palm desktop.) After a hard reset -- the device will ask you for the userid you wish to create or sync to on the next hotsync.

You can use categories to identify personal vs. business, tasks, appointments, contacts and memos -- and then you can use those categories to display "personal" "business" or "all". . . . .

Cheers, Perry.
    Last edited by gtwo; 03/09/2007 at 01:41 PM.
    Global Posts
    7 Global Posts
    Cool...thanks for the info. Makes sense.