Global Posts
    325 Global Posts
    This is not very clear to me. Is it possible to listen to the radio (news, music etc) on a Treo 680?

John
    Yes, you can. The newest version of PTunes 'officially' supports internet radio broadcasts. The previous version did as well, however there wasn't a dedicated option for it.

You can also listen to real radio streams. Links to these stations can be found at www.thestreamcenter.com
    Follow Me On

Mundu Radio also allows this...
    Global Posts
    325 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Syphon View Post
    Yes, you can. The newest version of PTunes 'officially' supports internet radio broadcasts. The previous version did as well, however there wasn't a dedicated option for it.

You can also listen to real radio streams. Links to these stations can be found at www.thestreamcenter.com
    So, it is not radio in the traditionnal sense (a transistor radio). Are we charged by the phone (carrier) company during the time we listen to the "radio"?

John
    Global Posts
    723 Global Posts
    Internet radio uses data, so charges may accrue depending on your cellular data plan. I have an unlimited plan with T-Mobile, so presumeably I can stream as much as I like. Other carriers may have varying policies on this.
    Palm III -> Palm V -> Blue Palm Vx w/Omnisky -> Treo 270 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> Treo 680
    Hey z3bum - since you're on T-Mobile, as I am, I am wondering if you can get full sized picture messages? Mine all come as thumbnails when someone sends me a picture! Palm says it's a T-Mobile issue, T-Mobile says it's Palm. Since these companies have no "relationship", it seems we're screwed. Just wondering if you get full-sized picture messages. Thanks.