1.    #1  
    How do I set chatter 3.0.6.2 to alert me of any new emails when they are sent to chatter from my IMAP server?

What I mean is, when I'm not in chatter I don't get real time alerts. when I open up chatter that's when it logs in and pulls any new emails down. How do I configure chatter to alert me of emails even when I'm not in chatter?

Thanks
    Prefs- notifications make sure the other lines are checked
    PalmIII > PalmIIIx > PalmIIIxe > TRGPro > Handera 330 > Zire71 > Treo600 > Treo650 > Treo680 > Treo750 > Centro > TreoPro > iPhone 32GB 3GS

3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by jamesgangut View Post
    Prefs- notifications make sure the other lines are checked

All the check boxes are checked off. no such luck getting it working. The only time I get an email notification is when I launch chatter. I don't want to have to launch chatter in order to recieve new emails.

hmm interesting. I just came across this popup:

this mailbox is communicating securely using the palm os ssl library. background operations are not supported, so mail will stop being received when you leave chatteremail.
    IE: You don't have MatrixSSL. Either pay for it, or turn off SSL. Without it, Chatter won't do anything in the background, like it says.
    Global Posts
    492 Global Posts
    Make sure that you are in online mode and you aren't turning off Chatter.
    BB GoAmerica > BB Earthlink > Verizon Treo 600 > Sprint Treo 650 > Sprint Treo 700p > Sprint Treo 755p & Sprint MotoQ
    just make sure your online - and you have pop up set under notifications.

To check online status goto "edit mailbox" under menu when your in that account (not summary)
    Fred
    Cingular 680
    Quote Originally Posted by khaytsus View Post
    IE: You don't have MatrixSSL. Either pay for it, or turn off SSL. Without it, Chatter won't do anything in the background, like it says.
    I had the same issue. Originally, SSL worked in the background, but it turns out that was just a trial period. Suddenly one day I noticed Chatter didn't run in the background anymore. I paid the $5 for the MatrixSSL upgrade and it worked once again.
    The wise man breaks wind and is gone... - J. Tull
    Global Posts
    325 Global Posts
    What is this MatrixSSL upgrade? I'm currently in the trial phase for Chatter, but will probably purchase soon. Do I also need to buy MatrixSSL separately?
    You will need matrix ssl to get imap mail to work (push) in the background if your imap uses a secure connection (ssl)
    --
    Visor Deluxe > Visor Platinum > Visor Pro > Treo 180 > Treo 270 > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 680 > Palm Pre > EVO 4G